DMS on F16SGRH

Wicked.-
Product: R3L
S/N: 159

DMS on F16SGRH

Post by Wicked.- »

I received my F16SGRH yesterday and am loving the extra buttons and feel of it with my FSSBR3L. I have one question. Is it possible to change out the switch cap on the DMS switch? The reason I ask is I want the castle style cap on the DMS that is in the newer block F-16's like the 50CJ. The current cap on the F16SGRH is the "stadium" style that is in the A-10C and older block 16's. I have purchased and installed two "castle" style switch caps on my Warthog grips that I purchased from Debolestis' Shapeways store and love them. However for the amount I paid for the F16SGRH and the technology that is built into it, I will not be tearing it apart like I would a Warthog grip lol. So, can the stadium switch cap be easily removed and replaced with a castle style cap?

Thanks.

Wicked
Sys Specs: i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus z390 E Gamer MB, Asus 2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 64GB G.Skill Trident-Z PC3200 Memory @ 3200, Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 SSD, 2x Warthog sticks, 1x Warthog throttle, 1 x working Cougar TQS With TUSBA, FSSB-3 Lighting, Valve Index.
Supmua
S/N: 55

Re: DMS on F16SGRH

Post by Supmua »

I notice this as well, the DMS switch in the DCS F-16C cockpit seems different and is similar to the switch on the F-18C. Perhaps there could be a 3D print solution, something that can be snapped on to our existing switch?
Wicked.-

Post by Wicked.- »

Supmua,

There is a 3D printed DMS castle switch for the Warthog and many people have it including myself (look at the debolestis shapeways thread on DCS forums under Input/output). It's nowhere near as tall or wide as the Sensor switch on the F/A-18, F-15C, AV-8B or Tornado (all use the same grip) but it is taller than the stadium style DMS that is used on the A-10C and early block F-16's (through 25 I believe but may be wrong). All C models have the castle style.
With the Warthog, you have to take the grip apart by separating the two halves, remove the switch but not harming the wires, unscrew the retainer on the backside of the switch, remove the shaft and then separate the DMS stadium cap/switch from the shaft. It's a 15 minute job.
The switches on the F16SGRH are totally different as far as I can tell from appearance and capability. I have no problem buying another complete DMS switch with the castle style cap if that's the only way.
Sys Specs: i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus z390 E Gamer MB, Asus 2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 64GB G.Skill Trident-Z PC3200 Memory @ 3200, Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 SSD, 2x Warthog sticks, 1x Warthog throttle, 1 x working Cougar TQS With TUSBA, FSSB-3 Lighting, Valve Index.
Supmua
S/N: 55

Post by Supmua »

I was talking about a snap-on plastic cap on top of the existing DMS switch to make it look like the new version. That should be easy to do for someone who is good with 3D design/printing.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

HI. the most used from long time inthe DMS, and the standar in fact its the stadium, and we have replicate it as much as possible
Anycase, look like you prefer the castle one. I show you a picture about how will be in the F16SGRH
F16_V_Alps.jpg
Make a injection mould, to give you as same quality that you have nowadays in your F16SGRH cap switches, its too expensive. we can provide you with good quality 3d printed cap, to let you paint and install in your F16SGRH but at your own risk.

That its.
Your actual cap switches in the F16SGRH are Polyamide coloured in mass, and painted with best quality UV cured varnish after parts are cleaned. This let you have a cup as real one.
This caps are injected in a mould that we have modify several times (and every modification its expensive) until we have got the best feeling , appearance and the perfect fitting, that is, the cap, dont will be removed by accident ever, that its, are really tight to the switch rod.

In other hand, the switches, are designed to be pressed not depressed, so its possible, you will damage the switch in the process to remove the cap. we have try here several of then, and only we have damaged two switches, Understand we have design the F16SGRH to make near ro impossible an accidental cap remove, just as this was something we dont like happen to nobody.

SO, finally, most probably, you will can remobe the cap without broken the DMS switch, but its not sure, if you broken the switch, you will need send back to repair it, at your cost.

said all of this, if really you want. we produce some castle caps, to fit in the DMS, please let me know, in order to prepare a small production for you.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wicked.-

Post by Wicked.- »

Yes, I would lke to buy the castle cap.
Wicked.-

Post by Wicked.- »

This is the castle switch from debolestis installed on my Warthog. In essence it's only a cap as well.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi I can not see any castle cap, sorry.
Wicked.-

Post by Wicked.- »

Sorry about that!

Dragon

Post by Dragon »

IMG_3550.jpg
OK this is a DMS with the exact dimension, with the necesary fit to the F16SGRH
I will send one unit to Supmua, in order to test it.

Of course its a 3d printed part not a mould injected one, and its not painted or finished, just as to this job its more expensive than the part.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.