Pulse control system questions and explanation

Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Pulse control system questions and explanation

Post by Dragon »

Now you have in every DX button and configurable n every slot a pulse control system for the DX

In this way, when you press a button, you can use it as a normal buton, or like a pulse for a time button, or like a pulse train button. this will let you even more power and controll over your simulator.
Pulse-1.jpg
The Pulse control system work in 1/100s, but every computer will respond at its own speed, so you must test in your system what it youe maximun speed,and configure in base to your own system

the controls are
InputWidth.jpg
If you set limit to cero, taht minds not limit.

The pulse train, will continue while you hold pressed the button. or the limit dont will be achived.

Maybe you dont take notice yet about how powerfull can be this tool, but sure you will love it, for some special cases.

Cheers and enjoy your R3L
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

Re: Pulse control system questions and explanation

Post by GK61 »

Ok but can you set this up to make a button stop in a certain position? e.g., take the COMM1 dial in Falcon BMS, you turn it ON/Up with Shft+], down with Shft+[, it takes 8x the Shft+] to turn it up to full, how can you turn it up 3/4 of the way, i.e. 6x "Shft+]" and have it stop? I'm afraid I don't fully understand the "Limit" aspect of this, I've set it to various numbers and it does nothing for me.
Pulse-1.png
The pulse commands basically do the same thing as a MACRO but without taking up a bunch of MACRO positions.
Volume MACRO.png
IMHO the FW is wide open for more improvements to make programming so much more versatile.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

HI.

The pulse its documented in the page 110, but its auto explain ;-)
The R3L will send pulses while you hold pressed the button, and you can adjust the On period and the OFF period, as well as a limit if you like.

For example in your macro, you have done a train of ten LCtrl,], how can you do the same with the pulse?, its tooo easy

Pulse Width 5 (5/100 second)
Pause 5 (5/100 second)
total time per cicle 10/100 second

so, we will set Limit to 100

With this adjust you will send 10 LCtrl,] in one second to the computer,

This will work, if you hold the button for at least one second, if you release the button before finish the second, the pulse train will be stoped, just as the train its running while you hold the button.

I believe its clear in the documentation, but of course if some of you thing can write it in a better and more clear way, pelase send us a small doc file, and we will include in the next release.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Additionally I have prepare a video for the pulses, and will be added to the web page, its just the example to control the comm1 volume in BMS.
Also will be updated a new firmware with a small bug related to DX On/Off in the R3L, detected by other owner. The firmware will be published as soon as possible.
GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

Post by GK61 »

Dragon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:20 am HI.

The pulse its documented in the page 110, but its auto explain ;-)
The R3L will send pulses while you hold pressed the button, and you can adjust the On period and the OFF period, as well as a limit if you like.

For example in your macro, you have done a train of ten LCtrl,], how can you do the same with the pulse?, its tooo easy

Pulse Width 5 (5/100 second)
Pause 5 (5/100 second)
total time per cicle 10/100 second

so, we will set Limit to 100

With this adjust you will send 10 LCtrl,] in one second to the computer,

This will work, if you hold the button for at least one second, if you release the button before finish the second, the pulse train will be stoped, just as the train its running while you hold the button.

I believe its clear in the documentation, but of course if some of you thing can write it in a better and more clear way, pelase send us a small doc file, and we will include in the next release.
actually my MACRO is a train of 5 each of Shft+] and Ctrl+] which turns up the volume 3/4 of the way for both COMM1 and COMM2. I think you're not understanding what I'm asking specifically, I understand the general operation of this feature, where the directions are yaddy yadda, what you're not following is how can I limit the action to x amount of times the command "Shft+]+ is executed? It looks to me that this cannot be done, all this does is turn it up all the way while you're holding the button, I want it to stop at a predescribed spot and perhaps this could be a sub feature that could be added with another FW update, I don't know
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

In the video you can see how to send only few shift [

Only need adjust the limit to stop send pulses, as well as I dont take notice about your 5 shift and 5 control in the macro, I honesty though was 10 Ctrl, anycase this really its not important, in my video I have show you how to use the pulse with no limit and with limit. For this I have use four switches two for no limit (up and down) and 2 for a few pulses (left and right)