IMPORTANT KEY HOLD Firmware Upgrade

platypus65
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 16

IMPORTANT KEY HOLD Firmware Upgrade

Post by platypus65 »

On the new software/firmware, how do I assign a hold button action? For example, when I press the trigger, I want to continue to hold down the keystroke button (space bar) until I release the trigger. This worked perfectly in the previous version but with rev4 I just get a pulse action. If I assign the button in-game, it works fine but I would like to use the RIS_HID_Dev tool as much as possible. Thanks.
Last edited by platypus65 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
platypus65

Re: Firmware rev 4_ how to assign "hold" button

Post by platypus65 »

Am I the only one with this issue? Just wondering. Thanks!
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Hi, but if you dont set in the trigger any repeater, the keystroke, must work as you want.
FOr example, if you set in the trigger 1 "a" twehnyou press trigger 1 a key "a" will be pressed, and hold while you continue pressing the trigger 1, or you press any other button.
So if while you hold the trigger 1, you press trigger 2, the "a" will be stopped, and will be sent what you will have in the trigger 2, or nothing if empty.

I have test just now, and work in this way
platypus65

Post by platypus65 »

Screenshot 2020-01-02 18.49.10.png
Strange. Your explanation is exactly how I thought it worked. Still, I get a get a single key press when I hold down trigger 2 (or any button). It works fine when I assign the dx button in game but not if I use the RS_HID_Dev_Tool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

I love you are using the aditional switches.

PLease, let me know if the issue its in windows or in the game. Please.
I will try do a video.

Thanks
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

HI and sorry.

Yesterday I test your issue, with a R3L not with the F16SGRH. you are right, the grip dont hold the key, I will test it, and let you know.

Thanks
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

OOOOK revised, fixed and tested.

Here do you have the link to the firmware with the Key Hold fixed.
F16_RH_FW_0_00_4_KeyHold.rar
Please, download it and upgrade the F16SGRH Collector´s Edition with the new firmware. And test in your computer.

Additionaly, please, change the name on the post, to "IMPORTANT KEY HOLD Firmware Upgrade" or something like that. to let all the others Collector Edition take advantage of your post ;-)
THANKS A LOT

We will update the installer with this modification included. but its more easy for you and other, only download this firmware and not all the installer ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
platypus65

Re: IMPORTANT KEY HOLD Firmware Upgrade

Post by platypus65 »

I tested the new firmware on my F16SGRH and it worked perfectly! Thank you.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi.

I see you have assigned to the slot 2, trigger 2, the SPC, most time SPC its used for gun, and I suggest you do the next test.

In order to save bullets, use the repeater, to have a burst (rafaga) feature. instead of a full time hold gun. how to doit, between the "5" and the "SPC" you can see two small numbers and to the right of the SPC label, do you have another small number, press with your mouse over any of this numbers and you will got the repeater setting.

in this window, called input Width and Pause, you can adjust how many time do you like the SPC will be hold down (pulse width) test for example 20 1/100s and how many time do you like the SPC will be released before will be hold down again (Pause) test with 10 1/100s. and in the LIMIT write 0, with a cero do you say that there are not limit, if you set any other value, will be the limit time to repeat the previous secuence. for example if you write here 60, you will say that after 60 1/100s the repeater will be stopped.

With this setting, 20/10/0 what you have is, the SPC hold down for 0,2 seconds, then released for 0,1 second, and will will be repeated, while you hold pressed the trigger 2. with this values, you are sending a less densuty of bullets per second.

In all the modern rifles, do you have this feature, you can select bullet to bullet, burst, normally three bullets and full.

Try it ;) sure you will find too many useful ways to have advantage to this feature.
platypus65

Post by platypus65 »

Thanks for the tips! I'll check it out.