SOLVED Incompatibility Thrustmaster TARGET VirtualController

CaliJoshua
Product: R3L
S/N: 216

SOLVED Incompatibility Thrustmaster TARGET VirtualController

Post by CaliJoshua »

Hello everyone,

I have been looking into an FSSB for years and finally Santa gave me an FSSB R3 Lighting (serial #216, Job #214) for Christmas. At my suggestion, Santa also brought a friend of mine an FSSB R3 Lighting (serial #221, Job #214). We are both running Windows 10 64 bit (latest version), Thrustmaster TAREGET Software v3.0.18.328 v2 (see link below), we are both using MJF_FW_2_00_2 as the devices were shipped with, and we both updated to Setup_RS Tools_V1_01_rev4. We both installed the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog OEM PCB so we can use the TAEGET Software. I have to use TARGET as I am in charge of building profiles for our very large group.

In the "Game Controllers" both of ours Warthogs show up as "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog," "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog." When we run the TARGET profile in the TARGET software (you can download from link below), they change in the "Game Controllers" to "Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (root)."

Initially, when we run the "Event Tester" in the TARGET Software, the throttle inputs show as mapped, but as soon as you touch the throttle, the stick stops working. For whatever reason on my PC, I initially could reproduce the error this way, but after some uninstalls and reinstalls of the TARGET Software, I now can use throttle inputs in the "Event Tester", but as soon as I open the "Game Controllers" my stick stops working. This also happens if I run Star Citizen, or likely anything that interacts with the inputs.

I can get the stick input to work again by unplugging the stick from my computer USB slot and then plugging it back it, but as soon as I open "Game Controllers" or Star Citizen, the stick stops working.

I even tried making a new TARGET profile with just one button programmed to the throttle and one button programmed to the stick and the same issue occurred.

I love the feel of the FSSB, but I can't use it if we can't use the TARGET Software, and it was my understanding from reading the the website that the FSSB was compatible with the Thrustmaster TARGET Software.

None of the above occurred until we installed the FSSB.

Please help,
Joshua

Link to the TARGET Profile I am using (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S389e ... sjOg1Ks9kB)

TARGET Software
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/acc ... 328v2).exe
Last edited by CaliJoshua on Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Incompatibility Thrustmaster TARGET Virtual Game Control

Post by Dragon »

Hi when we come back to work, we will try to help you,

I have found this post, maybe can help you viewtopic.php?f=11&t=197
there you can find a old Target software for the warthog, with no modification, to dont work with R3L,

Maybe, some other, can help you better, just as I use our software, not the TM software, but I know so many people here use both softwares.
Cheers.
CaliJoshua

Re: Incompatibility Thrustmaster TARGET Virtual Game Control

Post by CaliJoshua »

I appreciate your reply while you are on holiday.

I had another reply in a different forum that seems to be working so far and I will post all the information here for future reference.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php? ... ost4157980

Specifically (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/t ... st-6607962):

USBDview Software (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html)

"Are you using the TARGET software?

Windows 10's power management features are needlessly aggressive for a desktop gaming machine. They work well for tablets and laptops, no doubt, but they're meant for people lying on a sofa reading news websites or messing around on Facebook, not gamers. If you run a TARGET script, the joystick will be replaced with a Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (Root). You can check whether this is active by hitting the Super key, typing "joy.cpl" and running that program (it's the Game Controllers applet). It will list all the attached joystick devices in a human-readable format. If you see "Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (Root)," then Windows will actually shut off the power to the USB port that the stick is connected to because it believes that the device "T16000.M" has been disconnected. :rolleyes:

To fix this, there's a really useful program called USBDeview (scroll down to the bottom of the page for the download link).
With the joystick connected and TARGET not running, run USBDeview.
Find the T16000.M entry.
Right click and select "Open in RegEdit".
Regedit will open with the device ID highlighted.
Expand the registry entry (click on the arrow.)
Click the "Device Parameters" folder (don't expand the entry; you don't need to.)
There is an entry for "EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled". Double click on it.
Change the DWORD value from 1 to 0.
Restart your computer. Windows should no longer send the device to sleep.
This change is often reverted automatically by Windows on an update, so you'll need to change it back from time to time."
Romulus Stahl
Product: R3
S/N: 144

Re: SOLVED Incompatibility Thrustmaster TARGET VirtualContro

Post by Romulus Stahl »

I've been using 2 R3's with the TM boards and Throttle. As I'm currently using Target I've found the BMS_FW_1.03_2 to be the best firmware to load on the base.
CaliJoshua

Re: SOLVED Incompatibility Thrustmaster TARGET VirtualContro

Post by CaliJoshua »

Romulus Stahl wrote:I've been using 2 R3's with the TM boards and Throttle. As I'm currently using Target I've found the BMS_FW_1.03_2 to be the best firmware to load on the base.
Thank you and I will try it!