Purpose of axis sensors in premium F16 grip?

Forgotten Spectrum
Product: R3
S/N: 111

Re: Purpose of axis sensors in premium F16 grip?

Post by Forgotten Spectrum »

ogami musashi wrote:Works also with a R3/R3L base :) You have both the base and the F16SG.
Very true! Thanks for your feedback, and my apologies if I came across as overly strident. Hope you have a good week.
ogami musashi
S/N: 65

Post by ogami musashi »

Forgotten Spectrum wrote:
ogami musashi wrote:Works also with a R3/R3L base :) You have both the base and the F16SG.
Very true! Thanks for your feedback, and my apologies if I came across as overly strident. Hope you have a good week.
np :)
Caboose
Product: R3L
S/N: 206

Post by Caboose »

ogami musashi wrote: For example, you can buy the winwing F-18 hotas with their throttle and stick base. If you are not satisfied with their electronics, you can attach an F-16SG to the base, power it, then use the internal axes, if the axes are attached to a base, then the parasite yaw is much less important. That is one example.
You actually cannot do this with the WinWing. I have the WinWing throttle and grip as well, and the locking nut mechanism is engineered specifically to avoid compatibility with the Warthog, so the F16SGRH will not work either.
ogami musashi

Post by ogami musashi »

That's precisely because why the stick is bluetooth, and you have internal axes. If you fix (whatever the mean), the F16SG on the winwing base, you can use the F16SGRH, with its internal axes, or, if the winwing base works alone, that is without having to connect the grip, like the warthog one, you can use the base axes.
Caboose
Product: R3L
S/N: 206

Post by Caboose »

But you can't physically attach it to the base because of how it screws in. Are you not understanding what I'm saying?

I wouldn't want anyone to buy the WinWing expecting it can be mounted on that base or that it's compatible. It's not.
ogami musashi

Post by ogami musashi »

Caboose wrote:But you can't physically attach it to the base because of how it screws in. Are you not understanding what I'm saying?
I said "whatever the mean"... That means, any way to fix it, be it with a self made nut (see RS video of the F-16SG being fixed to a rod), or locking it with pliers, or rubbers, or drilling or anything. The OP asked for the purpose of axis sensors and bluetooth, I gave him one example of application where there is no compatibility, yet, if you can find a way to fix it, because the stick is bluetooth and has its own axes, It will work.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Dear Friends.

IN order to clariry ;-)

The F16SGRH Collector's Edition, the one in the hands of the first few people how take the risk of buy it, with absolutely no information about what they buy ;-), only his confidence in our previous works. Its now a days absolutely different form the one they got in his hands. The axles frecuency its more than 10 times higher, the latency its absolutely low, and the "calibration" payring has been improved.

About the question, about the purpose of the axles, its like Ogami say, you have the advantage, to install the grip in any movement base, buyed or designer by yourself, and you domt need any aditional electronic or sensor system. Just as the own grip have its own X/Y system, and for space ship we include the YAW axis.

About the precision of the X/Y inertial system, I have test for long time, and X/Y are absolutely perfect for me, the Z, we have improve it, in the last firmware version, and the pairing really make the "parasite" really low, anycase, we have in the TODO list, improve even more for the next release. Any case when you move the grip in X/Y, you really enter some part of Z, and its not possible, remove this portion of Z, just as its real, in fact if you see form above the grip atachett to a Warthog base, and move it, full left down, you will see how the gimbal, introduce about 20 degrees of YAW in the grip.

Hope this will help you ;-)
ogami musashi

Post by ogami musashi »

Dragon wrote:Dear Friends.

IN order to clariry ;-)

The F16SGRH Collector's Edition, the one in the hands of the first few people how take the risk of buy it, with absolutely no information about what they buy ;-), only his confidence in our previous works. Its now a days absolutely different form the one they got in his hands. The axles frecuency its more than 10 times higher, the latency its absolutely low, and the "calibration" payring has been improved.
)
You mean, the F16SGRH Collector's Edition that are offering now, has improved electronics compared to mine?
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Dear. My english its as bad????? ;-)

Have not take notice about how much time we have expend in improve the F16SGRH Collector edition? have you not feel an incredible improvements in the actual response with last firmware and the pairing system? Its the same the actual documentation than the supplied in summer? we have put 7 month of hard work. really would be a big deception, if you dont feel the difference :-(, really you have not seen difference between the actual configuration page and the one you got in summer?