Can't load firmware into the F16SGRH

HalFried
Product: R3
S/N: 31

Can't load firmware into the F16SGRH

Post by HalFried »

Hi,

Can't install firmware for the grip. In HD Device Tool it shows software for F16SGRH as unrecognized. When I try to setup up the Bootloader will either not show as detected when I try to add device in Devices and Printers screen or if it does show up It disappears again. I do get the middle LED lighting up after pressing TRIGGER 2 + TMS center + DMS center.

As suggested in the guide I did try try connecting the grip with the provided USB cord instead of the FSSB3L. At least with this method I was actually able to install the bootloader but when the firmware started to download I ended up with a 'firmware aborted message.'

Have also noticed that when grip is plugged into computer the 1st led flashes and the other two stay lit. The flashing doesn't stop even after 10 minutes.
HalFried

Re: Can't load firmware into the F16SGRH

Post by HalFried »

Some progress:
Went into device manager and turned off the power settings for USB devices since it occurred to me that WIN 10 might be turning some of them off. After that I was able to download firmware while connected to the USB cord.

Have attached grip back onto RSSB 3L but it still shows firmware in grip as not being recognized.
Also the 1st LED finally stooped flashing but all 3 leds stay lit even when changing the slot using the trim hat ring.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Dear.
For your private message, do you have two grips a Collectors Edition and a standard one.

In the case of the standard one, as you know because its one of the two diferences with the CE, works as a hardware joystick, and dont use the BLE as well as have not included a firmware to be upgraded.

In the case of your Collector edition, look like the problem its related with your BLE system in your W10 computer, Please check your BLE dongle if you have it, or the BLE ant in the case of a BLE included in the Mainboard. If you continue with problems in the BLE comms, I suggest you install the software in a laptop, most of them have a good BLE system included and do the upgrading with the laptop. If not possible, try to connect the BLE dongle in any other USB port, or try to connect the USB dongle near of the Collectors edition.

But for our experience, all the problems, come from the BLE dongle used. Just for this reason, we expend 6 months last year, to include all the features of the F16SGRH inside the R3L

If you can not resolve the problem, we can try to connect to you computer and take a look.

Thanks and wait your news.
HalFried

Post by HalFried »

Thanks much for the quick response.
Also, thanks for the pointing out the differences between the regular F16SGRH and CE version. I had failed to notice that the regular version does not need firmware to be updated.

Am still a little confused about the bootloader issue. I thought that when attached to the R3L there was no need to use bluetooth for the grip. As you say in your post: "But for our experience, all the problems, come from the BLE dongle used.Just for this reason, we expend 6 months last year, to include all the features of the F16SGRH inside the R3L."
But apparently one still needs a BLE dongle to perform the grip firmware update with the bootloader? Or is it that there is no reason to worry about updating grip firmware as long as the R3L firmware is up to date?

The only other issue I'm having with the F16SGRH-CE is that when the first led stops flashing all the leds stay lit at all times. When using the rotary to change slots there is no change with the leds. That is not the case with the regular grip. Leds change as indicated they should in the manual.

F16SGRH grips are really fantastic. So much better quality than Thrustmaster's. And the options provided in the HID Device Tool are great.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi.

In your question, about if the CE need the BLE or not, you are absolutely right, the CE need the BLE for the upgrading, so you need always a BLE system to upgrading the F16SGRH_CE to a new firmware version. But for the upgrading, if you have any issue with your actual computer, you can use any other computer as a laptop (normally laptop have good BLE system) or any friend (collegue) computer, even we could find other ways to upgrade the CE.

About your issue with the leds.in the F16SGRH CE do you have several LED intensity control, to be used when the BLE its connected and when the BLE its not connected. these controls are located in the low left conner. In the case of the regular grip, these leds have only one intensity and show only the slot number.

Thanks for your kind words, and I enjoy you like the one piece grip.
HalFried

Post by HalFried »

Hi,
Thanks for the information.

The problem I am having with the led lights on the F16SGRHCE is not the intensity of the lights but that they all stay lit even when moving rotary to select another slot. On the other F16SGRH the lights do change as the manual indicates they should.
I don't see anywhere in the Device Tool settings to change that behavior.
HalFried

Post by HalFried »

Just an update:
If I attach F16SGHCE via blue tooth then the LED’s will change when moving rotary to select a different slot.

But this is what manual says about using the grip with R3L:
Anyway, if you are going to connect the F16SGRH or F16SGRH-CE to a FSSB-R3 Lighting, there is a firmware named “MJF_FW_F16_SG_3_20_x” that allows you to play without connection problems because the FSSB-R3L assumes all the stick functions and the Bluetooth connection isn't necessary. In fact, if you install this firmware in the R3 Lighting, we suggest you remove the “RS-F16-SGR Home” device from the “Device and Printers” window, so you won't receive information from two devices, the FSSB-R3 Lighting and the F16SGRH, only from the FSSB-R3 Lighting.
When I do that then the LED’s stay lit and don’t change when selecting a different slot.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

OK, let me see tomorrow in the company. maybe if next week, I prepare a video, showing how the leds works in the Collectors Edition will help you to understand in a easy way.

The main dificult, its that I did two intensity levels, to let you know if the BLE its working or not, and to let you adjust these tow intensities, I let you several controls to adjust all the values.

Also the leds show the switch values, and you can select if the switches show its values in the leds or not.

All this its writen in the documentation.

SO see you next week, in order to check your leds ;-)
HalFried

Post by HalFried »

Sorry that I am having so much trouble with this. Will keep looking over manual to try and figure out what I am doing wrong.

Really appreciate you taking the time to prepare video to help dummies like me. Looking forward to watching it very much.

Thanks again.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Dear, Sorry I forgot do your video, but dont forgot, look for a possible bug related to your issue.

In the next release, your lights issue, will be fixed, thanks a lot for your patience.