We'd love it but can wait...

sk000tch
Product: R3L
S/N: 223

We'd love it but can wait...

Post by sk000tch »

Dragon and real sim team -

I simply wanted to pass along best wishes to you and all those you care about during these difficult times. I am sure I am not alone in stating that my real simulator equipment is the favorite I own, unmatched in quality. We were perhaps a bit antsy at the possibility of a f-16 throttle or other new products, but prior timelines no longer apply - we can only do our best.

I personally had surgery on my neck right before it hit the US (prosthetics in neck from high G during neck rotation/check 6). Roughly a month later while still recovering I became sick. Someday they assure me I will be able to walk up stairs without losing my breath, and someday after that even perform anti-G strain. I suspect it will be some time for both. Fortunately, my clients have been wonderfully accommodating, and you all deserve no less. I am sure I am not alone in feeling this way.

By all means send an email when you have anything for us and we will throw money at you but until then please take care of your people, i'm sure you will be back up and running when appropriate, and we will be here when you are. Thanks again for being the best company in the business, and know your customers will be here when you return.

Best wishes to you all and good health
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: We'd love it but can wait...

Post by Dragon »

Thanks and hope you will be full ready soon. but as you say and for your injury will need some rest before, so take your time and keep safe for a while.

Sure the throttle will come, but we are not sure about what model yet ;-)

About news products, well, in a short time the F18CGRH will be released, and will be as good as our F16SGRH but focused for the F/A-18 and F15, and who dont love these planes ;-), I must admit the F16 its the sexy plane but F/A18 and F15 are......... amazing

keep safe, rest and surf the sky again soon.
THANKS
sk000tch
S/N: 223

Post by sk000tch »

awesome Dragon, want the money now or should I wait?

I'm curious though, there are zero quality throttles out there, Not for f-16, 15, 18... Even a black box style commonly seen in f-18 simulators but with your build quality, appropriate travel and movement, button quality, etc., would be great. There are no real competitors, everyone uses a WH or one of virpil "almost but not good" iterations. Its an unserved market. Perhaps not a huge market, but as of now its wide open.

And thanks, I am doing well although not approved for aerobatic flight. Soon I hope, been locked in house for a while, a little cloud surfing will feel good.

Nice job on the website btw, looks great! I ididn't see a buy it now link for the simpit in the header video though?
Grady_Graham
S/N: 275

Post by Grady_Graham »

I agree. The sim world is dying for a quality throttle that is accurat and still really smooth. I have the cougar throttle and while I like the design and the HALL sensor mod i put in it. The throttle is not that smooth. And if i loosen it up to the point it gets smoother it will bypass the throttle detents because of the weight of the throttle handle. Its frustrating. Heck even if you don't make a full on throttle maybe like the warthog stick mod you could make a drop in replacement for the cougar throttle. Although I would prefer if you just made a throttle as a stand alone for the F-16.