Shift States

RogueSqdn
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 20

Shift States

Post by RogueSqdn »

Please separate the 2nd and 3rd shift states and allow them to be activated individually. I can't use it in BMS with it's built in shifting, so I'm deprived of using paddle shifting. BMS shifting is necessary so I can shift buttons on the TUSBA.
Jared
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Shift States

Post by Dragon »

Look like, BMS drivers, dont need the 2nd and 3rd DX button set.

I understand, maybe would be necesary, make a special firmware for BMS drivers, who prefer use the inside shift feature instead the R3 feature.

I think, is necessary open a BMS firmware post :D
RogueSqdn

Post by RogueSqdn »

Well, if you are going to link the TUSBA R2 with the FSSB R3 as you said in the earlier thread, this wouldn't be necessary. But then we get into my time based request in the other thread, because the S3 button would need a tapped button and a held button, so it didn't execute your tapped function when you only wanted to shift.
Jared
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Definetively I think is necesary make a BMS drivers firmware, because some of you are used to use the internal BMS DX button shift, and when you use at same time the BMS internal issue and the R3 Issue and having errors, So I think worthwile the time spent.

I have open the suggestion list for the BMS drivers firmware. Please RogueSqdn, can you there explain way you need the S3hold and release feature? as there are some spare DX buttons in the first DX button set, maybe is a good idea add this feature to one of this spare buttons.

Also, to have clear the Firmware list area, after you write your necesities in te firmware list thread, I will delete this thread.

Cheers and thanks a lot for your suport.
Manuel
RogueSqdn

Post by RogueSqdn »

A time based S3 is necessary because if I want to use shifted functions, but don't want the expand/fov function to activate. Currently, you hold the s3 button when you want to shift but are required to tap it again after shifting to go back to the normal zoom after you're done using shifted functions.

It would work well in this instance if s3 executed one button when tapped less than half a second, and activated shifting to the second dx button set when held longer than that.

Of course, the other option is simply allowing the second and third dx button sets to be activated individually. That way you could use BMS shifting for s3, and use the third dx button set with s4.
Jared