Windows Device Assignment

Supmua
Product: R3L
S/N: 55

Windows Device Assignment

Post by Supmua »

As you know, this device and also grips in BLE mode are listed as two separate devices in Windows game controller setting (with same name and device ID). One device would have axis and button inputs, while the other would have just button inputs. DX button numbers high than 32 in RS software would be listed as lower numbers on device 2 in game controller setting.

One problem that I sometimes run into is that when the device is disconnected and reconnected, the input binding in DCS World setting is swapped between the two devices. For example, my axis or button binding for device 1 would not work because DCS now treats it as device 2--so I have to swap the bindings around.

My question, is there a way to avoid this problem? By making Windows or games able to distinguish between two devices, giving them different names or IDs?
GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

Re: Windows Device Assignment

Post by GK61 »

https://discordapp.com/channels/5429856 ... 7543326760

basically just backup the entire /config folder
Supmua
S/N: 55

Post by Supmua »

Thanks but I was asking about how to avoid this issue in the first place.

What I'm doing now is have each profile saved as Profile 1 for device 1, and Profile 2 for device 2 in DCS. Whenever the device binding swap occurs, I would load profile 2 in device 1 and profile 1 in device 2--but it is not ideal.
GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

Post by GK61 »

Supmua wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:25 pm Thanks but I was asking about how to avoid this issue in the first place.

What I'm doing now is have each profile saved as Profile 1 for device 1, and Profile 2 for device 2 in DCS. Whenever the device binding swap occurs, I would load profile 2 in device 1 and profile 1 in device 2--but it is not ideal.
right but Windows "Game Controllers" will do whatever it wants so in your case you'll either continue to do as you've done or back up and copy over, either or. In BMS for example we have the DeviceSorting.txt file which holds all controls order as they should be irrespective of wtf windows says.
Virus
S/N: 91

Post by Virus »

So there is no way to solve this issue?
Why we need two devices?dx devices can have up to 128 dx inputs...wouldn’t be possible to have a single device with 128 buttons?
Now binding in dcs world is really a mess this way