couple of queries

markturner
Product: R3
S/N: 3

couple of queries

Post by markturner »

Hi , just received my F18 grip...lovely!! I have some queries, first, downloaded the latest 1.13 RSS tool , but cant see the F18 grip user guide in my apps headings?
Second, I want to use the grip on my Thrustmaster gimbal base, as in the real jet, its not a force feedback stick... The software menu pages seem to assume that the user will use the R3L base for both sticks, what would I need to do to use mine like I want?

Finally, do I need to update firmware for the new stick and how do I do this until I find the user guide?

Cheers!
GK61
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 30

Re: couple of queries

Post by GK61 »

It appears that they just added the F18CGRH manual today so depending on when you downloaded the HID Tool, I'd re-download it and it should be there on the F16/F18 RH tab (where you would program since no R3L), under the "Help/DOC" menu. Regarding the FW, it should've been shipped with the current version, "F18_RH_FW_0_00_1", otherwise as per instructions you'll need to do it via a BT connection.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Hi Mark,

You are right, there isn't an icon to open the user guide in the apps heading. I just fixed, so you can download the new RS_TOOLS package.

About the firmware, the grip has the last version installed, it is not necessary update it.

Best regards,

Shark
markturner
Product: R3
S/N: 3

Post by markturner »

Thanks Shark, I will try the dongle I was using previously and install on my new PC and see how it goes.....