Help getting the grip installed via bluetooth

markturner
Product: R3
S/N: 3

Help getting the grip installed via bluetooth

Post by markturner »

Hi, I appreciate this is unsupported, but hoping for some advice. Dongle installed great, and I have got to the stage where I have the grip showing as a device in devices and printers, as F18CGRH... the guide says click on it and right click on the game controllers option. When I do this, I dont see the 2 new HID devices listed....

I have the 2 devices associated with my R3L. Please note, I have the grip attached to my warthog base and I do have a device showing as joystick hotas warthog, which when i move the grip, the axis moves.

How do you advise I proceed from here? When I open HID tool, the grip has a tab, F16/F18, with values showing in the axes boxes.

The idea is that I use the stick with the warthog base providing axes input and the bluetooth gives me full button functionality...

Thank you
markturner
Product: R3
S/N: 3

Re: Help getting the grip installed via bluetooth

Post by markturner »

hi, OK< so this morning I successfully updated or re installed the firmware, now showing as version 1.04 in HID tool.
Also, now in devices I see 2 RS-F18-CG-HOME entries. The top one has an axis screen, and when I move the stick only the Z axis responds. Buttons and hat stick pick up inputs. After I press a few buttons, some kind of load conf data from grip activity appears in HID tool, and also a windows error message saying controller is not connected properly
The other entry only shows buttons, but these do not seem to pick up inputs.

Currently , I am not clear exactly how the grip is working? I have not tried to pair the grip, as I dont want to use bluetooth for the axes...HID tool is receiving data from the axis however. So not really sure whats going on....