Warning Sound

rjgbxnM9
Product: R3L
S/N: 361

Warning Sound

Post by rjgbxnM9 »

If I were to disable the Warning Sound Level, do I risk damage to the R3?

I'm presuming that this sound is only to indicate to the pilot that he's getting close to "maximum deflection [of] the aerodynamic control surfaces", and not to indicate that "if you pull harder, you're gonna break the R3". But that might be a very costly presumption, so I'm hoping that someone here could chime in and assure me that if I disable the Warning Sound (which I also presume is separate from the other unit sounds, e.g. changing Slots??), that I won't increase the risk of damaging the R3 by pulling back more on the stick.

(As an aside, I'd rather the wings break off in a flight sim to tell me that I've 'gone too far' in "combat" than have a beep to try and convince me to "ease off" and let the bandit in on my six. But that's a different thread - NOT this one.)
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Warning Sound

Post by Dragon »

Both ok

If you are working in the 13lb setting, this will help you to dont overload the R3 sensors

If you are working in the 4 to 8 lb range, as most pilots do, this warning, its to let you know about you are getting the max, and have no sense pull mor ;-)