Suggestions for BMS drivers firmware

Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Dear community today is 5th of May 2014.

The test for the BMS firmware was done, and the two betatesters have give his OK, but one of them, dont full enjoy, the new Pinky signal, remember, as the pinky is used, for two actions (launch the SMM and as DX button), was necesary send the DX signal with the release action instead of with the press action. So and because in the real F16 the Pinky signal, (for expand etc.) is available as soon as you press the button, and not when you release the button, he propose modify the firmware in the next way.

1 dont assign to the pinky the SMM launch action, so let he send the DX signal as soon as pressed.

2 momentary press of the CMS-center (or for less than 1 second) = give a DX command for the user to assign it as he wants in-game.,
But when you depress the CMS center button, and the signal will be of for example 0,3 seg of long

1 press and hold for >1 second = give the SMM activation signal and do not send any DX command to the game.

Please. take a look to the new sugestion, compare with actual and please if you want, let us to know your choosed option, in order to finish the BMS firmware and release it ASAP.

Thanks a lot, and if you have any question, please let me know.
Manuel

Good morning, next week feb-first will be the beta test, and if all is OK friday can be the release day.

As this firmware is only oriented for BMS the additional DX buttons sets are OFF and the SMM launch will be the Livrot suggestion so.

SMM launch in BMS version: CMS as normal, and two finger in this way. Hold Pinky, press Paddle, depress Paddle and finally release Pinky.

Based on the RogueSqdn suggestion about the convenience to do compatible the SSM with pinky and paddle, with the necesity to dont send the EXPAND flag to the simulator in the SMM launch process, the pinky switch will be mixed with a timer, that is:

When you hold PINKY to start the SMM procedure, the button is not send to the PC, and wait until the full procedure is finished, BUT if you press the pinky switch and release it, in less than half second, the R3 will send a short pulse to the HID device, like a pinky pulse, this will produce a small delay between your press-release pinky switch and the associated DX button, but will avoid the necessity of additionals pinkys to set the expand in normal.

NOTE if you understan the above phrase you are so clever 8-)

Have a great weekend and see you next week.
Dragon

Today is Friday 7, the test is delayed, next Monday I hope give you good news ;-)

From some time a go, some of you have ask, for features, than have special sense when you are in BMS sim.
This us think, about the your necessity to have a special R3 firmware only oriented to BMS. So, if you agree, this is the place.

In my opinion, you prefer have in BMS:

a) Only one DX button set, and control the shift with the BMS feature.
RogerS Suggest add a second DX button and launch it, when Pinky is held for more than a 0,5 second, if is released before this time, send a short linked to pinky DX button On to do what you want, (normally expand)

b) Have the SMM with three buttons, instead two, to avoid problems with real life configurations. and not use the CMDS center because you use it for trackir center. (any case in my opinion, CMDS is the best place but...)
sugestion:
Raptor -> Paddle + Pinky + TRIM DOWN = SMM Launcher 3 buttons (safe solution)
Judy -> Paddle + S1, H1, H2 and H3. = SMM Launcher 2 buttons (quick solution)
Livrot -> Avoid Paddle hold and then press Pinky do NOTHING.
-> Allow Pinky hold and then press Paddle launch SMM ( two fingers, avoid the F16 drivers paddle conflict)

c)...

What more? Please add in this thread if you agree and what you would like have to make the R3 your best tool.

Regards
Last edited by Dragon on Mon May 05, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
livrot
Product: R3
S/N: 18

Re: Suggestions for BMS drivers firmware

Post by livrot »

hello and a happy new year!

thanks for offering this special support.

picking up raptors pinky plus paddle issue here:

Flying the F-16 a virtual pilot sometimes might need to hold paddle (to override autopilot) and press pinky (to expand on one of the mfds) at the same time
- just as raptor described.
Could this action (paddle first (hold) + pinky afterwards) be ignored - doing nothing?
while (pinky first + paddle afterwards) would trigger SMM ( for CMS center cougar owners(none warthog hotas stick)?)

Looking forward to buying the big tusba and enjoying your firmware creations for the combo.

thanks for your hard work!
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Livrot.

Here your suggestion have sense. I will add to the option list in the first post.
Thanks for your sugestion.
RogueSqdn
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 20

Post by RogueSqdn »

A time based S3 is necessary because if I want to use shifted functions, but don't want the expand/fov function to activate. Currently, you hold the s3 button when you want to shift but are required to tap it again after shifting to go back to the normal zoom after you're done using shifted functions.

It would work well in this instance if s3 executed one button when tapped less than half a second, and activated shifting to the second dx button set when held longer than that.

Of course, the other option is simply allowing the second and third dx button sets to be activated individually. That way you could use BMS shifting for s3, and use the third dx button set with s4.
Jared
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

RogueSqdn wrote: It would work well in this instance if s3 executed one button when tapped less than half a second, and activated shifting to the second dx button set when held longer than that.
This is compatible with Livrot suggestion and I think can be implement, if some of you agree, because, maybe some one can say this is not a "realistic" feature, you know, in my personall opinion is a good Idea, but also I prefer to use the MJF firmware and use the 2th and 3erd buttons set instead the BMS solution, so ,y opinion here in not important just as this firmware is for BMS drivers who dont enjoy the MJF solution.

I will add to the list as RS (RogerSqdn) suggest

Cheers.
RogueSqdn
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 20

Post by RogueSqdn »

I just wanted to see if there was any news on this front, since we haven't heard anything in a while.
Jared
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Doing first testing.

Check the first post
Cheers