Haptic feedback

Arkku
Product: R3
S/N: 19

Haptic feedback

Post by Arkku »

After using the FSSB R3L for a few years, there is no going back to a traditional joystick for me. However, one thing that I miss, especially in virtual reality use, is the haptic feedback from reaching the end of the travel, i.e., the bump at the end. I realise the R3L has both lights and optional audio for this, but the problem for those is that the audio is too loud and annoying to keep on and I can't see the lights with the VR headset on.

So it would be awesome if some future grip or add-on module could include a small "rumbler" device (similar to what is in XBox controllers and such) to provide the haptic feedback, e.g., a bit of tapping or vibration, when reaching the end of the "travel". It seems this would electronically be quite simple to do even just by soldering onto the LEDs and using those to trigger the vibration module, but the difficulty would be in where to mount the motor. Best place would be inside the grip, so… how about for those mentioned F-22/F-35 grips? =)
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Haptic feedback

Post by Dragon »

Dear Haptic.
Few years ago, we did some test about introduce a rumble inside the R3L, but dont was nice, so we stop the test.
now with our grips, maybe its the time to comeback to it ;-)

IN other hand. In our software, you can activate, a visual and sound information inside the MS W10, to let you know are in warning zone.
Please test it. I hope will help you, in the same way, you can activate a voice to let you know what its the actual slot in use.

Thanks and have a nice day
Arkku

Post by Arkku »

Dragon wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:30 pm Few years ago, we did some test about introduce a rumble inside the R3L, but dont was nice, so we stop the test.
now with our grips, maybe its the time to comeback to it ;-)
Yes, please consider this, I imagine the experience will be very different with rumbler in grip vs rumbler in base… =)
Dragon wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:30 pm IN other hand. In our software, you can activate, a visual and sound information inside the MS W10, to let you know are in warning zone.
I have not seen this option, is it in the newest software only? For me the problem there is that the new firmware splits the basic Warthog grip into two devices which causes problems with bindings so I am using old firmware… (edit: I just saw in another thread that you have released new firmware to fix this, I will try immediately, thank you! =)
Dragon wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:30 pm Dear Haptic
:D P. S. "Haptic feedback" means rumble effects and such that you can feel, it is not my name
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

:D PLease accept my apologizes you are full right

And Dear Arkku

If you find problematic, the two hid implementation, please use the 4.01.1, its only one hid but your have only the firts 32 buttons instead the whole 62, as LowBLow detect the TMS and DMS center are in the second hid, so these two positions are not included in the first 32.

In other hand, Lowblow has suggest a modification to include these buttons and remove two others. so hope next week, make public the suggestion, and make possible all others to think about ans say hiw own opinion before make the official modification.

Once you will use the last firmware and software you can take advantage on the Overlay Settings Doc FSSB R3 page 114 and so many others, as internal mouse or hardware trim for plane

And please instal the MJF_FW_F16-F18 just as its the last version
Arkku

Post by Arkku »

Dragon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:08 pm If you find problematic, the two hid implementation, please use the 4.01.1, its only one hid but your have only the firts 32 buttons instead the whole 62, as LowBLow detect the TMS and DMS center are in the second hid, so these two positions are not included in the first 32.

And please instal the MJF_FW_F16-F18 just as its the last version
I installed the new MJF_FW_F16-F18 4.01.1 version, but for some reason no simulator responds to any buttons except pinky, paddle, and the trim hat. HID dev tool 1.13 does show all buttons when pressed, but most controls in HID Dev tool itself seem to be disabled (or at least don't do anything when pressed). I'm using the Thrustmaster grip, is this option available only with Real Simulator grips?
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Dear Arkku.

if you use the TM grip, must work all the TM switches. If you continue with this problem, we will try to support you in a direct way, let me know.

If you install any of our grips will have working the whole system, but with a TM must work the TM drived switches.