only slot 1 working

Shen_Ning
Product: R3L
S/N: 512

only slot 1 working

Post by Shen_Ning »

Just received the FSSB R3L + F16SGRH, it is fantastic, but there are two issues need be solved;

1. TMS C ,DMS C, Pinky Left or Pinky Right not working in DX ON condition, which I already found the clarification in the forum and waiting for the next updated firmware, now my solution is that to toggle DX to OFF.

2. In the DCS, DCS cannot recognize the more slot, my DCS can only recognize slot 1.

My firmware is MJF_FW_4_01_1, windows is WIN10, DCS is 2.7
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: only slot 1 working

Post by Dragon »

Hi Shen
The 4_01_1 its a special version with the second HID device removed, just as several customers ask for a reduced HID version, and the TMS Center, DMS center and lot of other DX swithes dont work in this version,
If you install the 4_00 firmware, you will have the complete DX set, and will work in two HID devices, (remember every HID joystick, can have as maximun 8 axles and 32 DX buttons) so the 4_00 need two HIDs to manage 63 buttons.

About DCS, and all other simulator, work only with the active Slot, just as they only can see one Slot, what you do every time you change the slot, its reconfigure the R3L to use the new slot values.

TO take advantage of the Slot configurations you must use keystrokes instead DX buttons, What this means.
If you configure the slot 1 as DX "ON" and Keystrokes "OFF" in this particular slot, you will need link every DX button with a singular DCS action, from the point of view of the simulator program, all the possible configurations are used.
Now for the slot 2, you must configure DX as "OFF" and Keystrokes as "ON" and now in every Dx button in our program, you can assign a KEYSTROKE to every button, or even a MACRO with several keystrokes, or if you like a pulse or pulse chain of Keystrokes, and in DCS you must set this keystroke for your selected action.

For example in you goes to DCS and configure the Gear Up/Down toggle action as le keystroke "g" , and do you want when you press the trigger 1 in the slot 2 your R3L send a "g" to DCS, only need select slot 2 and goes in the trigger button press and write "g"
Cap1.JPG
Once you press OK in the window, "g" will be send by the R3L every time you press trigger 1 in the slot 2, and if you have select DX button "OFF" you will not send any DX to the DCS in this slot. and DCS will understand you want toggle the landing gear.
Cap2.JPG
You can test if work, pressing the OUTPUT box yellow window and pressing ou rtrigger 1. as you can see in the window,

Its also a good idea write a label Explanation in the button.
Cap3.JPG
I hope this can help you, please take a look to the manual, just as your R3L have many other functions available to you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.