Issue with TUSBA after installing FSSB

Jason_Norment
Product: R3L
S/N: 561

Issue with TUSBA after installing FSSB

Post by Jason_Norment »

I'm having some trouble with the radar cursor. Prior to using the HID software when I received my FSSB, I could use the radar cursor without issue in DCS. It appears now after configuring everything properly, setting deadzones and min/max values my DCS setting seems to have the cursor pushing up and left as if it does not recognize the new deadzone settings. I can't seem to revert the settings back to get the radar cursor working again. I've seen this issue before and don't believe it to be a problem with the pot. I also cannot access the calibration/configuration for the TUSBA in the Windows 10 game controller menu. Any ideas?

Firmware was updated to 1.7 (TUSBA, Current)
Jason_Norment
Product: R3L
S/N: 561

Re: Issue with TUSBA after installing FSSB

Post by Jason_Norment »

The sales team at RS got back to me within less than twelve hours and told me how to fix it. Apparently, my issue is rare but I figured I would share the solution in case anyone else has this problem:
Dear Jason.

I also cannot access the calibration/configuration for the TUSBA in the Windows 10 game controller menu. Any ideas?

Look for this information, your PC has loose the TUSBA communication, after install the FSSB in your computer, Please take a look to the TUSBA documentation page 46 and fix it.

Is a common bug in W10, and its easy to resolve it.

Once you will have both TUSBA and FSSB well recognized by windows 10, please check both work ok in the W10 game controller, and do the calibration in our software or W10 software, at your convenience. in our opinion, is easier and more convenient, do the dead zone calibration in our software, just as DCS only apply the dead zones over the centre area, and we do it in any place.

I hope receive your news soon and hope once you will read the DOC and reinstall the TUSBA all will go OK
Greetings
Alberto
Basically, go to the Devices & Printers menu, remove the TUSBA device. Unplug the device. Wait about two minutes and then re-plug it in. Worked instantly.