How to tone down the sensitivity

Mako
Product: R3L
S/N: 455

How to tone down the sensitivity

Post by Mako »

Hello,

I have been wanting to ask this question for awhile now and getting around to it now as I hope to spend some time with R3L and Viper grip this weekend. I have this setup as a side grip mainly for flying the Viper in DCS and have my TM Warthog as center grip for the Hornet and Tomcat but sometimes I like to use the R3L side stick for them too.
So my question is how do I tone down the sensitivity of base and stick? It’s super sensitive and find my myself doing a lot of wobbling around. For example with the TM warthog and watching the stick move in the cockpit it moves smooth as I move the stick around. With the R3 setup When I bank left or right slightly the stick kinda jumps full scale with the lightest touch. How can I tone this down? BFA roll and pitch level? Roll and Pitch and yaw sensitivity ? I want to keep Full scale at 4.4.
I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: How to tone down the sensitivity

Post by Dragon »

Hi Mako.
In every slot you can adjust the sensibility for the Roll and for the Pitch.

Is common, set a high sensibility level for agresive flight, as combat, and low sensibility for precision maneouver like refuel. and medium for standar procedures.
for example this is a example for normal procedures
Mako.JPG
Remember you can adjust every slot in a diferent way, so for your test would be great place slot 1 with a very hig sensitive values like this
Mako1.JPG
In the slot 8 a very low sensitive value like this
Mako2.JPG
And in the slots 2,3,4,5,6 and 7. set intermedie values. Remember save every slot.

Later start your flight, and choose your best sesibility for every situation, once done, configure your R3L to have in your prefered memory slot the configuration you need for the special purpose you need.

In the same way in a slot configured for general flight, will be great activate the RCA, but for a Dogfight is not a good idea. just as need break the flight

Hope this can help you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Also take in mind.

If your Grip is attached to a R3L, you dont need connect the grip by BLE, in fact is best dont do it, to make thing easy.

And all the configuration works fron the R3L configuration page.

I say this, becasue you mention YAW axis, and YAW is only available in the grip and only when attached to the BLE
Mako

Post by Mako »

Great Dragon !
I have your F16 Viper stick attached to the R3L via USB. I will try the settings in different values and possible slots also. I mainly do BFM and my problem was the sensitivity when trying to steady the gun. Thanks for the examples that really helps and will retest tonight.

Thank You !
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Additionally about the setting I told before.

When you use the trigger 1, you have two option
Precision mode "on" or "off", this means, the sensibility will go a percentage smaller than normal, when you press trigger 1, this is for Ground attack, or any other static target, is not a good idea for dogfight, just as in dogfight, when you press trigger 1, dont want your pitch or roll will decrease any percentage over the actual value.

But when you in signing to a static target, the most usual is: you direct sign the target so your roll and pitch is "0" or near to "cero" in this case, is a good idea use the precision mode, and set to a 50% or great value, so, just and while you hold press the trigger 1, your sensibility will decrease 50% over tha normal, and your precision will be improved. test it, and if you enjoy the feature, active the "precision mode" in your ground attack slot.
Cheers
Mako

Post by Mako »

Thats awesome I will give it a go, I think I understand but I have my trigger 1 in my DCS setting to shoot the gun/9x on the Hornet and may have to to switch that around to trigger 2 for guns to give this a test. Supposedly trigger 1 is to activate the laser for laser guided missiles which I don't have it set up like that. The good is that I understand what your saying it thats pretty cool and I will definitely check out that feature out.

Thanks for your time Dragon !