Trigger isn't working!

Piola
Product: R3L
S/N: 108

Trigger isn't working!

Post by Piola »

Hi,
I've received my FSSB R3 Base and my F16SCRH Grip today,
unfortunately, after proceeding with the installation of the base / grip and related drivers, entering the RS HID DEV TOOL I noticed that the trigger does not work as it should. Pressing the trigger at the activation of the first stage does not activate immediately but, it activates shortly after the Click and remains active until the Click of the second trigger after which it deactivates (when the stage2 should be active) Is there something that I have not well configured in the software or is the problem due to a defect in the trigger button?
Thank You

R. Giorgetti

EDIT: If I press hard the trigger at the stagge 2 the Button 5 activates, sometimes…
Last edited by Piola on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piola

Re: Trigger isn't working!

Post by Piola »

I did a little video explaining the problem, look at the monitor listening the Clicks of the trigger.... here is the link https://youtu.be/v-dWb_lKLbA
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Dear Piola, the trigger is active as fast as you hear the Click, and in 1/100sg is ready to be shipped to windows.

As far as the trigger is detected by the system, and just as the trigger dont have any analog filter to make any delay, the problem must be in the software side. In fact tin the USB side.
Please conenct direct the USB cable to your computer, without any hub or intermediate device, so avoid any dealy in the way.
Once you will have it connect check again the buttons, not only the trigger, as well as the analog X/Y, and all must folloe your hand movementes and buttons activations as fast as your computer can.

Also check your windows is running properly, so please move the windows RS_HID_DEVICE_TOOL from some position in your screen to any other, and be sure the movement is fluid, and your computer is running fast.

If you found any delay in the buttons or X/Y analog signal, and the computer is running fast, We must thing about a installation bug, and in this case, you can resolve it, in a very easy way, remove the R3L in the "devices and printer" window, and disconect and connect again the R3L, this will force a new intalation of the legacy microsoft HID device and most sure will be installed properlly.

Best regards and we wait your feedback and news in order to help you in the best way.
Piola

Post by Piola »

Hi,
Thank you for your prompt answer.
I have done all the operations and checks that you have listed, the peripheral is installed directly to the case (I do not use a usb hub) the pc is new and in excellent condition. I have not noticed any slowdowns of any kind, each button has an immediate response as well as the X and Y axes of the base (which is perfect). I do not know if I was able to explain myself well, it is not a delay in the activation of the trigger at stage 1, it activates a couple of millimeters before the second Stage and at the Click of the second Stage it deactivates, while the second one now isn’t working no more. Every other functionality of the Base works perfectly as well as every button on the Grip except the trigger.
Piola

Post by Piola »

I tried to mount my old warthog stick on the base and it works perfectly.
ironically, I had asked before buying the stick if you could have an immediate trigger and now it doesn't work at all 🙂
double irony I asked you to mount the castle hat for fear of breaking something, I didn't want to have to send the stick back for a possible repair and if I'm unlucky it will be so ... 😆
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

I full bad understood you in the previous post, I am so sorry 🥺

So, the bug is not a delay as I interstood, but something happen when you press the second stage switch.

As I don’t know what is the bug, I will try to take contact direct with you, in order to understand the problem and help you in the best way, so this morning I will send you an email to contact
Thanks and sorry
Piola

Post by Piola »

Thank you For your help, I hope we can fix the problem asap.
Piola

Post by Piola »

Dragon wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:47 am I full bad understood you in the previous post, I am so sorry 🥺

So, the bug is not a delay as I interstood, but something happen when you press the second stage switch.

As I don’t know what is the bug, I will try to take contact direct with you, in order to understand the problem and help you in the best way, so this morning I will send you an email to contact
Thanks and sorry
No, unfortunately nothing happens anymore when I arrive at the Click of the second stage, it seems disabled now, it does not activate at all.

A quick question, I assume that the grip already has the latest firmware installed, can you confirm it?
Because I haven't done any firmware updates on it.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Dear only is an idea, can be selected the trigger as mouse click, or shift or swap?

When a button is used / configured to be used as special button, do not send signal to the Dx system

Maybe this is the configuration issue
Piola

Post by Piola »

Hi Dragon,
thanks for the suggestion and for the time you dedicated to me to solve the problem, it was something physical and not software, with the help of Mr. Sotes the problem has been solved!

Thank you!
👍👍