Play Warning Tone Audio In Windows?

Maxim2770
Product: R3L
S/N: 656

Play Warning Tone Audio In Windows?

Post by Maxim2770 »

So currently I play DCS in VR and wear a pair of earbuds. With the volume up I'm not able to make use of the warning tone feature as the in-game sounds drown out the real-world sounds.

Would it be possible to play the warning tone from the application itself so that headphone users can leverage it?
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Play Warning Tone Audio In Windows?

Post by Dragon »

Hi

Please use the overlay settings, and use the "voice overlay" please take a look to the documentation to know the funcionality

THANKS
Maxim2770

Post by Maxim2770 »

Hey Dragon, this is exactly what I was looking for thanks for pointing it out.

Is there a way to *save* the configuration so the "RS RH W. Sound" Warning *always* plays? It seems like every time I launch I have to manually click overlays then enable the sound warning. When I close the overlay or attempt to save the profile the sound warning overlay setting is never saved.

Lastly - there is about a ~1 second delay from the time that the device itself makes a warning to the timing of the windows sound being played. Is there any ability to decrease this latency or is this just a physics limitation between USB devices/data transfer?
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Good point. we will the autosave in the next release ;-)

About the delay, in our test there are not delay :roll: , we will do some test with headset differents to the VR googles. maybe there are some kind of delay inside windows just as this is not a prioritary thread.

I will you updated.
Maxim2770

Post by Maxim2770 »

No problem. The delay itself is most likely related to my setup as I'm using a pair of bluetooth earbuds. Glad to hear about the autosave feature!
Kiseki_Yu
S/N: 655

Post by Kiseki_Yu »

Could you please increase the maximum volume?
In DCS, the sound volume of the engine is too high when I use headphones.