New Computer Bluetooth Drop

heloguy
Product: R3
S/N: 172

New Computer Bluetooth Drop

Post by heloguy »

Hi,

I just switched to a new computer build. I have my F16GRH mounted on a Brunner CLS-E. On my previous computer, I had no issues using the grip. With this one, though, I seem to get intermittent bluetooth disconnections. For example, if I pull the trigger, the guns on the DCS Huey will fire, but when I release, they keep firing because bluetooth dropped. After several actuations of the trigger, bluetooth will reconnect, and work normally.

My older computer was a Windows 10 build. This new one is Windows 11. The motherboard is an Asus Prime Z690-P D4 with an Intel i9 12900K.

I'm wondering if this is a Windows 11 problem, and if so, if you guys know a fix to make the bluetooth connection to the stick more stable.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: New Computer Bluetooth Drop

Post by Dragon »

At this time we are not moved to W11, for security reasons, but dont must be a W11 issue, is more easy a hardware issue with the new MB, the most easy its use a USB dongle, or place the external USB antenna most probably your new mother board will have.
As far as you have change to W11, was necesary reinstall everything again, or as in MAC was only a OS upgrade and all work?

Thanks and if other has change to W11, please advise if there are problems with the BLE
heloguy

Post by heloguy »

Dragon,

Thanks for the reply. I realized that I have not done a firmware update in awhile. Since I've updated to the Jan22 firmware, I haven't had the same disconnect issues as before.
heloguy

Post by heloguy »

Update: So, the disconnections became less frequent after updating firmware, but they were still present. I purchased a cheap Insignia Bluetooth 4.0 dongle, and disabled the onboard Bluetooth 5.2 from my motherboard, and now things seem to be more solid. I haven't had a disconnect yet, but I will keep you posted.

I'm also searching to see if there is an external Bluetooth antenna for my motherboard, but I haven't been able to find any.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Thanks, basically the BLE bugs come just from a very low power in the internal BLE devices, and even more when have not atached an antenna

Cheers
RogueSqdn
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 20

Post by RogueSqdn »

I had been using a dongle for the longest time, but recently realized that my computer (Falcon Northwest Talon with Asus Dark Hero x570 motherboard) came with an antenna for the wifi and bluetooth. After plugging that in, I no longer have issues using the built-in BT on the motherboard and was able to get rid of the dongle.

Just a thought.
Jared
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Absolutely.

The problem with the inbuild BLE in the motherboard and that they have the antenna inside a faraday box, so the comms are pretty bad, but if as you, connect the external antenna, the BLE works as must.

SO YOU ARE RIGHT ;-)
RogueSqdn
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 20

Post by RogueSqdn »

At least I'm right about something. ;)

Quick question... I had thought there was an F18CGRH firmware out to make it one device with 64 buttons instead of two devices. I use mine on a Virpil base with the grip over bluetooth. Is there such a firmware like there is for the F16SGRH? If so I can't find it.

Edit: Got an email reply. Unfortunately the answer currently is no.
Jared