RS HID DEV Tool v1.14 will not launch

Maxim2770
Product: R3L
S/N: 656

RS HID DEV Tool v1.14 will not launch

Post by Maxim2770 »

Hi RS,

I've had the previous version of the RS HID Dev tool since I originally bought the stick a couple months ago. Last week I updated to the latest firmware (was using the version which enumerated the stick as two virtual sticks). The current firmware successfully enumerates the stick as a single stick however after launching the HID DEV Tool a couple times I have only made a change to the overlay audio volume (which doesn't save) and also an unsaved change to the amount pitch/roll force. Since making that change I have not been able to launch the RS HID Dev Tool. Instead when I click launch nothing happens. If I click launch again it says the RS HID DEV tool is already running. I can't find it in my task manager either.

I've tried to do a repair by reinstalling using the downloader and I also did a removal and reinstall of the tool but the same problem persists. When I launch it, nothing happens and I can't find it in my task manager. Any help would be appreciated. I have also done a complete uninstall + restart then reinstall. The HID Dev tool still will not launch. The DCC will successfully launch. I have also tried unplugging and replugging my device.

Update 2: After going to the Details tab of my task manager it seems like the RS HID Dev tool is present for ~2 seconds where it uses ~52K of memory then disappears with no message

Update 3: Tried uninstalling then reinstalling to a different drive entirely. Same results

Update 4: I went back to the previous 1.03 version after uninstalling. Same results.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: RS HID DEV Tool v1.14 will not launch

Post by Dragon »

You are the second with this issue, please report your OS system maybe is a OS bug, or any other associated to the MS distribution.

Here we have absolutely no problems with last W10 updated OS

The previous owner with this issue resolve it, uninstalling and deleting all the files associated to the RS_HID DEV TOOL and installing again the last software.

We can not help you much, because we can not reply the issue here. sorry.

About the bug for save/load the files, was reported by YU and was fixed few days later, I will ask tomorrow if the version is in the installer.

See you tomorrow.
Maxim2770

Post by Maxim2770 »

nlr
Last edited by Maxim2770 on Sat May 21, 2022 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maxim2770

Post by Maxim2770 »

Dragon wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:44 pm You are the second with this issue, please report your OS system maybe is a OS bug, or any other associated to the MS distribution.

Here we have absolutely no problems with last W10 updated OS

The previous owner with this issue resolve it, uninstalling and deleting all the files associated to the RS_HID DEV TOOL and installing again the last software.

We can not help you much, because we can not reply the issue here. sorry.

About the bug for save/load the files, was reported by YU and was fixed few days later, I will ask tomorrow if the version is in the installer.

See you tomorrow.

I'm confused, I never reported a bug about saving/loading files. I simply cannot launch the RS HID DEV TOOL. As I stated earlier in my post I tested uninstalling and reinstalling which did not alleviate the issue.

So are you saying there is nothing that can be done and I simply have to accept not being able to modify my $1200 USD joystick at all?

Edit 2: I have since done the following:
1. Re-uninstalled everything
2. Restarted
3. Manually removed every registry value mentioning RS_HID_DEV & RealSimulator
4. Restarted
5. Reinstalled everything

I am still unable to launch the tool. This simply can't be a result of my OS configuration as everything was working fine for months on the previous version. The fact that apparently there is simply nothing that can be done is aggravating and unacceptable. I paid ~$1200 for this stick + base and for a software issue to be pushed off onto me as 'sorry there is nothing that can really be done' is absolutely ridiculous. I hope you'll continue attempting to troubleshoot this situation with me.
Maxim2770

Post by Maxim2770 »

I have additionally attached the relevant Windows Error Logs from Event Viewer in both English and Spanish. This includes the .NET Runtime Error, Application Error, and the Windows Error Reporting Error. You can download the Windows Events here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KI0DQj ... sp=sharing

I'll paste the general .NET Runtime error text below also:

"Application: RS_HID_DEV_TOOL.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
at RS_HID_DEV_TOOL.RealSimulator_HID_Device_Tool.CargaF16_configuracion(UInt32, System.String, System.String, Char[,], _LocalVariables[], _KeyScan[,], _KeysMacro[,], System.String[], UInt32)
at RS_HID_DEV_TOOL.RealSimulator_HID_Device_Tool.InitFSSB_R3_RH(Int32)
at RS_HID_DEV_TOOL.RealSimulator_HID_Device_Tool..ctor()
at RS_HID_DEV_TOOL.RealSimulator_HID_Device_Tool.Main(System.String[])"

and the general Application error text:

"Faulting application name: RS_HID_DEV_TOOL.exe, version: 1.1.4.0, time stamp: 0x61e1567d
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1526, time stamp: 0xd9a6be6b
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0012b812
Faulting process id: 0x52f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d82dace6e59139
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\RealSimulator Code\RS_HID_DEV_TOOL\RS_HID_DEV_TOOL.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 5b68c779-b53b-4013-8656-6409b1f6a655
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: "

and the Windows Error Reporting text

"Fault bucket 2110577560050929857, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: RS_HID_DEV_TOOL.exe
P2: 1.1.4.0
P3: 61e1567d
P4: RS_HID_DEV_TOOL
P5: 1.1.4.0
P6: 61e1567d
P7: 14d
P8: 422
P9: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2E0C.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2E9A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2EAB.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2EB9.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2ED9.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_RS_HID_DEV_TOOL._f89226ba5cbb3301db9a125409e116a278937b_220286e9_352cd265-12b0-4654-9d86-1e1ab958c05d

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 5b68c779-b53b-4013-8656-6409b1f6a655
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 3da2a437c80275422d4a471bc9bf10c1
Cab Guid: 0"
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

With the information you have provide, look like the problem is in a corruption in a configuration file. and probably is related with the load/save bug.
We have send you the firmware and software tested by Yu, work Ok in his computer, so must work as well in your.

At this moment one of you configuration file "xml" in your R3 folder is corrupted, and the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL crash when open it, please if you agree, send the XMLs file in your R3 folder to the email accout where you will receive the program.

With your XLM files, we will modify the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL to manage the corruption data and dont crash.

We are waiting your test, and once you will say all is OK, the new version will be updated in the installer.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi

Thanks for the files sent.

teh file send in both of your two emails called FSSB_R3_BACKUP.xml is broken in the DX57,if you open it with a editor you will see the file is incomplete, and finish just here, instead continue with all the Dx and all the slots, we have try to reply the problem, and every time we save, or try to create the FSSB_R3_BACKUP.xml, the file always is OK.

Please delete this file in your folder, and run the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL again as far as this is the default file to save the temporal configuration, will be created again, and must be of 44kb instead the 4kb your file is.

This must resolve the problem.

If for some reason, your system again do this file in 4KB instead the 44 kb or more, we will continue looking for the possible configuration reason to produce this bug

Thanks