Y-axis issue

Jan_Hoogewys
Product: R3L
S/N: 141

Y-axis issue

Post by Jan_Hoogewys »

Hi,

Yesterday FSSB R3L was still working perfect. Today, booted PC and R3L is flashing constantly. In HID_DEV_TOOL I can see Y-axis is oscillating between min and max values constantly. I found several topics in this forum, describing the same issue. But still I can't seem to fix it.
I tried to re-install firmware with DCC, but everytime the program ends up 'not responding'. So, I disconnect device, then select firmware file, and then connect device again (as instructions describe). But then, there is no progress and DCC is 'not responding'. Tried with MJF_FW_2_00_2.FSSB_R3 first, then with BMS_FW_2_00_2.FSSB_R3. Then downloaded
MJF_FW_2_00_2.rar
from this topic: https://realsimulator.com/FSSB_R3_Forum ... .php?t=220. Tried again.

Same thing everytime. So it seems I can't re-install the firmware for some reason.
DCC not responding.jpg

Any advice?

Thanks!
Best regards,

Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Y-axis issue

Post by Shark »

Hi Jan,

I suggest you install our firmware MJF_FW_F16-18_4_01_03, at this moment it has fixed a lot of bugs and issues.

About the DCC problem, I would like to know if the progress bar show the progress or if never starts and if the image changes from grey tone to color.

Regards,
Jan_Hoogewys

Post by Jan_Hoogewys »

Hi Shark,

Tried with the MJF_FW_F16-18_4_01_03, but still the same thing. So after loading the file, I connect my R3L and then the picture turns from grey to colour. But the progress bar never shows any progress, it never starts.
DCC still not responding.jpg
So also unable to install this latest firmware, it seems.

Best regards,
Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Jan,

Looks like the electronic pcb is damaged and will be necessary repair it. Any case, before to send us, check to update the R3 in other computer, maybe the problem is in the usb of your computer.

Regards,
Jan_Hoogewys

Post by Jan_Hoogewys »

Hi Shark,

Sorry for my late reply. The problem was indeed the USB port. I was able to update the firmware by using another USB port, and everything works fine now.
Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Jan