Sloped mounting possible?

MBS
Product: R3
S/N: 58

Sloped mounting possible?

Post by MBS »

My arm rest has a slight downwards inclination, about 5 degrees (hand is lower then elbow). Personally, I find this more comfortable, so I would like to mount my unit accordingly, resulting in the stick being slightly tipped over to the front (pitch down). It will still be in a recessed mounting position, making the stick's hand rest level with my arm rest. I had no problem with any of my conventional joysticks, as the spring tension was enough to keep it in a center position. With the FSSB-R3, is this not at all recommended and should I mount it perfectly level to the ground? Am I going to get calibration problems with a slightly sloped stick?
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Sloped mounting possible?

Post by Dragon »

Hi MBS.

Congratullations for your R3.

About your question, you will not got any problem, with your 5 degrees pitch down mounting position, Absolutelly no problem, really we have develop the system to make possible, adjust it, in any arbitrary angular position, even 90º pitch down :D

After you intall the R3 in whatever position you like, only need, enter in SMM and select "zero adjust" and your installation angular position will be the "neutral" position.

I suposse at this time, you know how enter in SMM (Special Modes Menu) pressing CMS center or Paddle + Pinky) and when you hear bip bip bip .... press Trigger 1 to adjust Neutral position.

Cherrs and enjoy the best Joystick in the world.
Manuel
MBS
S/N: 58

Post by MBS »

Great! Thank you very much, Manuel!
raptor
S/N: 22

Post by raptor »

I have added a 13 degrees lean forward adapter to connect my Warthog stick to the R3, works perfect and no re-calibration at all needed.. ;)