Overlay Settings Saving Update Does Not Work

Maxim2770
Product: R3L
S/N: 656

Overlay Settings Saving Update Does Not Work

Post by Maxim2770 »

So with the latest update the Overlay Settings 'Warning Sound' now saves but the behavior has remained the same.

Expected Behavior: Ticking R3L RH w. Sound within overlay setting will enable the Warning Sound to play from that point forward. The sound should play regardless of whether the RS Overlay Settings Box is open and should not require the HID Dev Tool to be open to play the sound.

Actual Behavior: When the R3L RH w. Sound is ticked the sound will play during that session only. If the PC is restarted the Warning Sound will not play unless you open the RS Overlay Settings dialogue and untick/re-tick the R3L RH W. Sound box again despite the setting saving properly. Ultimately the behavior of the R3L Warning Sound is exactly the same as it was before the latest update.
jstnj
S/N: 600

Re: Overlay Settings Saving Update Does Not Work

Post by jstnj »

Maxim2770 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:46 pm So with the latest update the Overlay Settings 'Warning Sound' now saves but the behavior has remained the same.

Expected Behavior: Ticking R3L RH w. Sound within overlay setting will enable the Warning Sound to play from that point forward. The sound should play regardless of whether the RS Overlay Settings Box is open and should not require the HID Dev Tool to be open to play the sound.

Actual Behavior: When the R3L RH w. Sound is ticked the sound will play during that session only. If the PC is restarted the Warning Sound will not play unless you open the RS Overlay Settings dialogue and untick/re-tick the R3L RH W. Sound box again despite the setting saving properly. Ultimately the behavior of the R3L Warning Sound is exactly the same as it was before the latest update.

Came here to report this. Super annoying. This "fix" really did not address the issue at all :?
Maxim2770

Post by Maxim2770 »

Nearly a month later after a broken feature being implemented and not even an acknowledgement from the RS devs. What a shame
jstnj
S/N: 600

Post by jstnj »

Maxim2770 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:28 pm Nearly a month later after a broken feature being implemented and not even an acknowledgement from the RS devs. What a shame
Its a little frustrating, i admit. I also emailed them over a week ago.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Dear, both, ther are not a bug or issue here.

Take in mind, the sound inside the PC is running from this program(RS_HID_DEV_TOOL)/overlay not from the R3L, so is mandatory have it running

So no issue or bug, the program is running perfect

Thanks
Maxim2770

Post by Maxim2770 »

I have absolutely no idea how you can say "the program is running perfect". Did you bother to read the original post?

Again - when the R3L RH w. Sound is ticked it does not work unless you untick and re-tick the setting. Your "fix" to the problem that I initially requested has done absolutely nothing. How can you possibly say "the program is running perfect". Are you serious?

What is the point of saving the setting if everytime you launch the application you are required to untick then retick the setting in the first place? What???????
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

you really need talk in this way ????
Again - when the R3L RH w. Sound is ticked it does not work unless you untick and re-tick the setting. Your "fix" to the problem that I initially requested has done absolutely nothing. How can you possibly say "the program is running perfect". Are you serious?

Maybe in your computer dont work as in mine and in the company test computer. I dont will discuss this with you, but you can be sure here work perfect. so yes I am absolutely serious and as proof about I have done personally the test, here do you have the video done just with a fresh installation with the software downloaded direct form the Realsimulator page. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygMvcSj5pCc

Maybe the thing is that in our test we dont need retick the button. work exactly as must be.

Just we check the button, and all run OK, then we close the window, run the HID DEV TOOL again open the overlays and button is exactly as was when we close the application, thats is Ticked, we check is the warning sound work, and yes work perfect.

Then to be full sure we close the application and also shutoff the PC, and once we start the PC again, and we run the application, and open the overlays, all is OK and run as must be.

Just for this reason, I say the program run perfect.
Maxim2770

Post by Maxim2770 »

Dragon wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:31 pm you really need talk in this way ????
Well it is a bit frustrating to have not only myself but other users https://realsimulator.com/FSSB_R3_Forum ... 2270#p2270 posting that the feature does not work, not receiving a reply for weeks then suddenly being told "everything works perfectly on our end!". Well okay, but you have two customers which it does not work? And I would bet that there are more. So based upon your previous reply it seems like there will be no investigation and attempt to fix the issue (since there is nothing that needs fixing in your eyes), correct?
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

We do all this software for free, with the hope to give you the best experience possible. and we only ask for kindness and patience.

The option to save and load the sound tick, is a logical (common sense) option, and we include it, in the next release after we realize was forgot in the first release. but is not our obligation or something you can force to do

We fix and include it in the 1.15 release, and we test it several times, in several computers, here and in the beta group, and work in all of the computers. So in our side we have done the best we can do.

Now in order to help you, as you already know, for my first message and more over, for the second one, and the video, the load and save option really work, and as far as is only a software modification in the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL (not in the R3L), so the problem is related most probably to a PC configuration. I dont know and really is impossible I will know 100% what is the problem in your computer, but... maybe the problem is a permits configuration issue in your computer, maybe your computer, dont allow save the file.
Maxim2770

Post by Maxim2770 »

This software is most certainly not free. It is packaged as part of a >$1000 USD flight stick/base. What flight stick/grip out there does not have some sort of software that goes with it. Regardless, it seems as if there is no intention to actually provide support but instead to just blame the customer for something that is obviously a result of your software. Again - this is NOT only me reporting this. I linked someone else above who also has this issue. So I guess we both just have poor configurations. Thanks for your support.