Overlay Settings Saving Update Does Not Work

Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Overlay Settings Saving Update Does Not Work

Post by Dragon »

Oh my apologies. I think there’s been some misunderstanding how this works. English isn’t my first language so if I’ve said anything that hasn’t come across well, I do apologise. 🤗 There’s definitely no blame, and these forums are here to give everyone direct contact with the development team and each other, so we can help each other in our hobby that we all love.

The software is designed so that the warning sound works when the software is running. That’s how all software works of course, even if there’s no visible window showing. I run the software minimised and that works fine on several computers here and with the international beta testing group.

May I ask: if you keep the software running minimised, does the warning sound work as designed?, Take in mind, the other user(in your link), dont say he has problems to run the overlay voice, his claim is about the necessity to have the overlay app running.
jstnj
Product: R3L
S/N: 600

Post by jstnj »

Dragon wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:20 am If you keep the software running minimised, does the warning sound work as designed?, Take in mind, the other user(in your link), dont say he has problems to run the overlay voice, his claim is about the necessity to have the overlay app running.
Yes it "works", but the entire point of the complaint posts over the last...year or more described that is not at all what is wanted. Users asked for the ability for the overlay configurations to save.
https://realsimulator.com/downloads/

Release 1.05.00 – May 8, 2022
  • New release V1.15 of RS_HID_DEV_TOOL .
  • Support for new Haptic feature included in RealSimulator v2 grips.
  • Now, all settings of RS Overlay window are saved.<-------
This is false ^. It was in the release notes, but it was not fixed.

The experience should be:
  1. Configure sensitivities
  2. Rename your profile
  3. customize the dx mappings
  4. etc etc etc
  5. Enable overlay warning sound
  6. save profile
  7. Close the app
...why are ALL my settings other than #5 saving? THAT is the issue. It has nothing to do with
PC configurations" as you asserted at the end of the last page.

There has been no change to the functionality of the user experience with the overlay setting with the release of V1.15. This is why people are complaining.

It still does not work as your users expect.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but RS has also ignored my email regarding this completely..

It seems like a little thing but, I thought the whole point of this company was attention to detail?
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

OK, now with your message I can understand what is the different point of view.

Before the 1.15, the voice and few other options of the Overlay app, was not saved automatic and was necessary tick every time you open the overlay app. few of you take notice about it, and we receive your messages about was necesary tick again the options every time you close the program and run it again. Far to not hear you, we place the message in the todo list, and in the 1.15, we fix the bug and all the options in the overlay app, was saved and checked to was loaded when you close and run again the app. for this reason, we has say every time the overlays are working perfectly, and if dont work in your computer, would be a fault in some PC, but now reading your message I am pretty sure, the overlay options are loaded correctly every time you open the app

Both of us we are talking about different things,

You are talking about the configuration profile of every slot saved for some kind of game or plane etc. and for this reason you say and is real from your point of view.
This is false ^. It was in the release notes, but it was not fixed.
, , I am so sorry, but all the options in the RS Overlay I have test here and the beta team has test, work perfectly, and all of them are saved when user modify some value and are restored when the user open the overlay app. not when you save or load the slot configuration. For this from my point of view, every time you say "overlay is not saved" for my have no sense, just as every time I test it, every time is saved and every time work as expected.

The overlays are not part of the profile you save, the overlays are common for all the configurations, is an additional app over the RS_HID_DEV to add a few VR useful features, as the additional voice, sound and text over the game, to help you when you are using the system in a VR environment.

So the Overlay options are saved and restored in a separate way from the game/plane profile, Its a absolutely different app and is not part of the configuration options as sensibilities, Dx mapping etc,

As resume

The configuration related to every plane and flight situation is part of the slot managing system, and you can save it and load it in a individual way.
The overlay is a common option , and is automatic saved as soon as you modify a value, and restored when you open again the overlays. in this overlay app

The software team develop the system in this way, evaluating the best way to do it, maybe is not the way you would do it, maybe is not perfect, and for sure there are so many other ways to do it, but was the best option, they found and they do the best they can(could).
neok23
Product: R3
S/N: 202

Post by neok23 »

the "R3L RH W. Sound" is working for me, but the "Display Overlay" option I have to manually untick and re-tick again...