F16SGRH v2 Haptics Not Turning Off

TraderJ1
Product: R3L
S/N: 755

F16SGRH v2 Haptics Not Turning Off

Post by TraderJ1 »

Hello all,

I received my new FSSB-R3 base and aforementioned grip and am having an issue where upon plugging the base into a USB port on my computer the grip's haptic motor turns on and will not turn off. In the HID Device Tool v1.15.1 the Haptic line at the bottom of the list of options is set to "OFF". Base firmware version is MJF_FW_F16-F18_5_01_0 and grip firmware is MJF_FW_4_01_3. Any insight into what could be going on here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin
TraderJ1
S/N: 755

Re: F16SGRH v2 Haptics Not Turning Off

Post by TraderJ1 »

I figured it out. Somewhat of a RTFM situation but wanted to tell others for awareness. The issue was the base was on old firmware. What got me confused was the packing insert that came with the base specified that the unit was on the latest MJF firmware (that supports the haptics). However, that turned out not to be the case. The HID Device Tool was reporting the firmware as an older version. I updated using the DCC utility and now all is good and I can't wait to start using this thing.
Silvershade
S/N: 60

Re: F16SGRH v2 Haptics Not Turning Off

Post by Silvershade »

What firmware did you install to fix it? I install the lastest on the webpage and its still stuck ON