beware of new TM f16C grip on FSSBR3

Coug
Product: R3L
S/N: 735

beware of new TM f16C grip on FSSBR3

Post by Coug »

beware of TM grips , especially F16C ones . i just ordered mine to put on my new FSSBR3L , and at first start , i only had axes working but no buttons :?

i made lot of tests to fix it , reinstall drivers and softwares ... nothing ... i though about a hardware issue and is was ready to send back to my seller . but before , i asked a friend to lend me his old Cougar stick , and .... it worked perfectly and immediately ..

:(
we found the "issue" ..
the guilty is the little plastic part between the pins of the connector ! it was just too long so i cut it . works perfectly now !

hope this topic can help
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: beware of new TM f16C grip on FSSBR3

Post by Dragon »

Thanks, very useful
Y_D_B
Product: R3L
S/N: 803

Post by Y_D_B »

Hello,

I have the same problem with the R3L which I received yesterday.
Only the axes work but the buttons of the TM Warthog grip (A10/F16) don't work.
Firmware has been installed as described in the manual and should work with TM grips.

I carrefully installed the board from the TM base into the R3L.
The little black part between the pins of the TM grip was already gone as it also had caused issues with a Virpil base in the past.
I even went further to remove the two little screws at the base of the connector of the TM grip to ensure a better fit with the R3L connector.

Unfortunately, still no active buttons on the TM Warthog grip.
Hopefully, I may find a solution in this forum.

Thanks
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Dear,
First at all please check the "DX button" option in the configuration software is "ON"

If this option is "OFF" the information about buttons is not send to the HID driver, we do this, as you know to let you use some "SLOTS" with DX and others with keystrokes.

Till here software solution, now, the other possibility is a problem in the hardware connection, as far as is this is difficult, is possible, so from a year at least, we have modify, our connector fixation system and now a days is not glued, so you can remove a screw and place the connector a little bit up or down.

But take care about this manipulation, to dont broken the connector or broken any pin in your grip side. and please more important, when you fix again the connector with the screw, please dont over torque the screw, just as will broken the connector, only fix carefully the connect, as soon as the connector dont move up when you remove the grip is enough.

Hope this will help you.
Dennis_J
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 43

Post by Dennis_J »

"we have modify, our connector fixation system and now a days is not glued,"

I just found my new Ultra base was glued at the specific area. I cant move or remove my connector. Will it do any harm if I clean up all the glue on the connector?
Shark

Post by Shark »

Hi Dennis,
I suggest you remove the glue only if necessary. It is thermic glue, so it is very easy to remove.
Regards,