A BIG problem with the Y-Axis

FRANCESCO_G
Product: R3
S/N: 71

A BIG problem with the Y-Axis

Post by FRANCESCO_G »

Greetings, I just received my FSSB R3, I installed it and updated the firmware using the last "BMS" version. However I have the following problem, just see the picture...

EDIT: I installed the FSSB alone, without using the original electronic board.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FRANCESCO_G

Re: A BIG problem with the Y-Axis

Post by FRANCESCO_G »

I've done some test, and I discovered that now the problem is somehow more "distant". I mean that now it takes more force to obtain that "jump" to 0 value. However it remains the fact that if I pull enough the stick, at some point the result is the same as a full-forward push.
FRANCESCO_G

Post by FRANCESCO_G »

Even more testing...
Using the HID Device Tool, I tried to see the effects of the sensibility settings in relation to my problem. I see that if I select the default sensibility (7,75 - 8,50 lbs) and the percentage measure, I can reach the 100% value by pulling down the y-axis. However, if I set the sensibility to 13,00 lbs (it seems to be the minimum) I cannot reach the 100% value. The maximum value is about 67%, if I try to pull beyond that point the indicator jumps as I described before to a 100% full forward.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Dear Franchesco.

First at all, please dont calibrate the Microsoft joystick HID device. your FSSB R3 will use the whole range, and need this full range to let ou feel the diference between the settings.

In other words, ;-) if you use high sensibility and calibrate the Microsoft software to this sensibility, when you change to low sensibility, the system dont will do what you want ;-)

So please, press the "back to default values" to let understand to Microsoft that 0 is 0 and full range is 65535.

After this is done, please http://www.realsimulator.com/FSSB_R3_Metadatas.rar use this metadatas to modify the basic Microsoft description for a new Joystick.

And now will go with the real importat thing.
I have got a FSSB R3, I have install the last BMS 1.02 and have set the sensibility in maximun (soff) to get the maximun deflexion with a low force, in the Y axis, and I dont see "jump" the values. :shock:

Maybe is the microsoft calibration you have done, if not, the problem must be in the BMS firmware you have, so the best way to be sure you have the same firmware than me, is that I send you the firmware by email, please send me an email and I will give you the file manuel@realsimulator.com

And we will see how to fix your "jumping" device ;)
Best Regards.
Manuel
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Dear Francesco.

Have you received the R3? I hope. until next monday, this is our best comm way, so if you need me, please let me know.

Ciao
Manuel
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Dear Francesco.

We have received today the R3, and I also have received your email confirming you have received last friday the new R3.

After the R3 inspection, we have found the error, in the mechanical mounting of this R3, and we have take notice about the problem to be sure never again will be possible this can happen.

Thanks a lot for your report and great communication efort
Best Regards.
Manuel
Qed
S/N: 114

Post by Qed »

Hello There.
I have my FSSB R3 about a 2 Weeks now. At first i played with the softest settings. Now i thought i bring up a notch. the base 7.75/8.50 lb settings. This is when i started to recognise that i have the same problem like it is described here just for the other axis. The X axis. If i press to the right about 10+ lb The Joystick Ax Values Jump to the Other side. I have the V 1.00.5. Firmware installed from day i got it delivered. And i just used the RealSimulator HID Device Tool V1.04.

I wanted to Ask what i can do now ?

Thank you in Advance.

David
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Francesco

Look like I have write a bug in the last firmware, I am working on the issue, hope in next days release a firmware with the "jump" resolved.

Thanks a lot.
Manuel
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Sorry, Francesco

I am testing here with the last firmware released, the 1.05.2 and all is OK. the old error in the X axis is fixed.

Can you please, confirm you are using the MJF FW 1.05.2 ? thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Manuel
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Dear Francesco.

some news?