FSSB Base started beeping randomly

handle
Product: R3L
S/N: 150

FSSB Base started beeping randomly

Post by handle »

I have a FSSB R3 with a Thrustmaster Warthog F-16 grip attached. Can't remember how old the base is, but it is starting to become a while since I got it.

Yesterday evening, it was plugged in - as most of my simgear is - but not in use. All of a sudden it starts emitting beeps and flashing a green light out of nowhere. The pattern was four short and one long, and it would repeat this pattern at random. Sometimes several times in a row - sometimes just once with minutes between the next time. Any idea what might cause this?

I tried connecting to it with the HID tool, since I saw others reporting some randomness and axis sticking. But everything seemed fine. I then tried updating the firmware, but none of the new firmwares seem to work (so I am also wondering about what FW to use, but I see someone has already asked that https://www.realsimulator.com/FSSB_R3_F ... .php?t=498).

After all of this, it seemed to stop for a bit. But then in the middle of the night, with the computer shut down it started beeping again! :shock:
So I am wondering, is there maybe some battery inside it that is dying? Because the whole thing reminds me of how fire-alarms starts beeping when it is time to change batteries