New FSSB R3 Owner With Questions

Invisibull
Product: R3
S/N: 109

New FSSB R3 Owner With Questions

Post by Invisibull »

Hi Folks,

Just received my unit yesterday and have been trying to get used to it. I thought it might save me some time if I could get a few simple questions answered.

1. I've chosen to install the FSSB R3 as a standalone base without the circuit board from the orginal base. Am I not able to use the TMS/DMS hats for other functions? What i mean is that when I hit CMS center in order to change the FSC setting, it's also triggering view functions i have assigned to the DMS hat. Is there a way to change my FSC (dms) and sensibility (tms) settings without losing 8 potential keymappings in the process?

2. Could someone please explain to me what the advantages/disadvantages might be for having the DX button on or off. Also what does this setting do exactly?

3. I fly the DCS: F-86F Sabre exclusively these days. I've noticed that my ability to trim the Sabre suffers a great deal whether I have the HID device tool set to POV or Trim. Any tips or insights would be greatly appreciated.

4. Could someone (especially someone flying the Sabre) please share their FSC settings? I still haven't found a proper setting that makes me feel i have full maneuverability without a great deal of untrimmable twitchiness.

Thanks in advance for helping me to better appreciate this fine piece of workmanship.

Bull
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: New FSSB R3 Owner With Questions

Post by Dragon »

Dear Invisibull

Sorry for the delay, ;-) I will try to resolve your dudes.

1) when you press CMS center, you enter (launch) in the special menu mode, in this menu you can directly and in realtime, configure your sensibility, full deflexion, save and load configurations, etc. after your configuration , press again CMS center, and you will have again your stick ready, with your selected configuration. and will have all the buttons as expected.

2) as you can see, in most of the firmware, you have 3 hid devices, first one is the linked with the FSSB R3 axles and DX buttons, and second and third hid devices are linked with your stick buttons and pinky or paddle. so when you select "DX Button ON" when you press pinky you have a complete set of DX buttons to assign a secondary function to your joystick buttons, and when you press paddle, you have another set of DX buttons, to assign a third function to every button. to test it, select DX ON, and open the second or third HID device asociated to the FSSB R3 in the printer and device or your windows system, and press pinky or paddle plus any buttons, you will can test how its work,

3,4) sorry about I dont fly this fighter.

BRegards
Dragon
Invisibull

Post by Invisibull »

Hi Dragon, thanks so much for taking the time to respond. :)

Regarding this answer from you:
1) when you press CMS center, you enter (launch) in the special menu mode, in this menu you can directly and in realtime, configure your sensibility, full deflexion, save and load configurations, etc. after your configuration , press again CMS center, and you will have again your stick ready, with your selected configuration. and will have all the buttons as expected.
What do you mean about pressing CMS again? I press CMS, go into the SMM and make my selection, but do not need to press CMS again to "have again my stick ready" It seems to happen automatically. My issue is that if i use for instance the DMS hat for views or some other setting, going into the SMM doesn't prevent my keymapping from being triggered. The result is that I might try and select 3/4 deflexion by pressing DMS right after going into SMM, and suddenly I'm in an external view, or my airbrakes have popped out etc... the SMM seems to use entirely too many of my important keymapping options and I'm trying to figure out how to get around that. I hope I'm explaining myself OK.

Your DX button explanation cleared that issue up perfectly for me. thanks for that.

Is there any way, or plan to have all this beeping to either be silenced or piped through the headphones? Between constantly watching ID on TV and hearing the beeping when i fly, i think my g/f is on the edge of committing homicide. LOL

I'd love to hear about roll/pitch sensibility settings from anyone willing to share regardless of which a/c they fly. Really, any advice i can get will be greatly appreciated. I'm starting to get a bit more comfortable with FS, but I still have aways to go. Thanks again for taking the trouble to answer me, Dragon.

Regards,
Bull
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Morning. Invisibull

About CMS center.

You are right, when you enter in SMM and select some option, you goes out from SMM automatically, you only need press CMS Center again if you need exit from SMM without do a selection. (is the manual exit).
About your issue, with the for example DMS shitch, I will check it, because, when you are in SMM, the system dont must send the asociated DX buttons, just because you are configuring the system not sending comand to the simulator. so I will see if there are some bug.

About the beeping, sound On/Off is in the next release list wish, in fact in the SSF is included, and wiil be added to all the others firmwares as soon as the FSSB R3 tab in the HID DEV TOOL will be upgraded.

About Roll pitch sensibility, I can shared with you my setting for Falcon, but are not representative for a non flybywire fighter like your Sabre

Best Regards
Dragon
Invisibull

Post by Invisibull »

Hi Dragon. Your last post made me feel better about both the beeping and that the SMM is supposed to block signals being sent to the sim. Is it possible that I've done something wrong in my settings or during the install that would cause those button presses to affect the sim?

I look forward to the firmware update and thank you kindly for your most helpful responses.

Bull
Invisibull

Post by Invisibull »

Hi Dragon,

Any news on this?
About your issue, with the for example DMS shitch, I will check it, because, when you are in SMM, the system dont must send the asociated DX buttons, just because you are configuring the system not sending comand to the simulator. so I will see if there are some bug.
This is now really causing me problems. I can't use my CMS, DMS, or TMS hats for anything other than changing options in SMM due to this issue.

Thanks for your attention,

Bull
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Invisibull

Sorry, for my delay. I am working in the next firmware for the R3 and the new HID Tool to control the sound and the features for the SSF (space simulators) and I forget reply to you.

WIth you actual firmware, sound are always active, so when you hear the beep beep (inside SMM) the switches are blocked to dont send bad information to the simulator software; that is, when you and configuring your stick, for example modifing the sensibility for an aproach, you dont want send the hats button pressed to the sim. Just when you finish to configure the system and your system is in normal procedure (status) that is with no beep beep, when you press any buttons the associated DX button is active in windows.

If in your system, when you press the hat switches, you dont see how the associated DX button is activated, your system is not working properlly.

So, please, open the RS HID DEV TOOL, connect the FSSB R3, check that you have some of the firmwares installed in the R3 (you can read the actual firmware in the upper left area of the window) and press your hats, you must see how the associated picture show your pressed switch. If not, something in your R3 is wrong, and we need revolse it ASAP.

Thanks a lot, and wait your news, until monday morning, I will can not "phisically" help you, but tomorrow sunday I will read the forum to be in contact with you.
Thanks and sorry
Dragon
Invisibull

Post by Invisibull »

Hi Dragon, thanks for your response.

I'm currently using MJF.FW.1.05.0 and all DX button functions appear correctly in the HID Device Tool when pressed. While in the sim, I press the CMS button, putting me into SMM and hear the beeping, but then when selecting any of the options with CMS, TMS, or DMS, the button press is also transmitted to DCS World. As you understand, this basically makes all those DX buttons unusable for most functions within the sim.

Happy Easter,

Bull
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Understood and thanks for the suggestion.

I have test it a few minutes a go, and you are right, This week, this issue will be modified, and the button pressed in SMM dont will be send to the DX channel.

Please, R3 owners, I full agree with the Bull suggestion, if someone of you, think that dont must be changed, please let me know.

Thanks and if possible, the modification will be integrated also in the next SSF firmware.

Cheers
Dragon
Mick
S/N: 157

Post by Mick »

Hi

I have just received my R3 and now begin to familiarise myself with it, I think it is very good thankyou

But I have exactly the same problem as quoted below by Bull.

Invisibull wrote:I'm currently using MJF.FW.1.05.0 and all DX button functions appear correctly in the HID Device Tool when pressed. While in the sim, I press the CMS button, putting me into SMM and hear the beeping, but then when selecting any of the options with CMS, TMS, or DMS, the button press is also transmitted to DCS World. As you understand, this basically makes all those DX buttons unusable for most functions within the sim.

Bull
I also use DCS and MJF.FW.1.05.0 and when making changes in SMM mode while flying DCS also receives the DMS TMS CMS mapped commands.

Was it fixed ? Do I have current correct firmware ?

Thanks

Mick

**EDIT*** Actually this only happens with DMS and TMS buttons. CMS buttons do not register in DCS while in SMM mode....