FSSB in Rise of Flight (RoF) and other WW1 sims

Gorynych
Product: R3
S/N: 112

FSSB in Rise of Flight (RoF) and other WW1 sims

Post by Gorynych »

I've just bought fssb and tried it in different sims.
I find it excellent in DCS with jet fighters, but in WW1 sim like Rise Of Flight I have problem chasing sharp-looping targets.
If anyone use fssb r3 to fly World War I era biplanes, please post your feedback and advice about configuring sensitivity for that flying style.

Previously I used warthog with long extension in the middle (between legs), is this position is ok for fssb too or may be I need to try to put it in the right side ?

this is my previous stick mount for vkb wartog
Invisibull
Product: R3
S/N: 109

Re: FSSB in Rise of Flight (RoF) and other WW1 sims

Post by Invisibull »

Hi there Gorynych, I too am a new user of the FSSB and so I can only offer you some of my own experiences, hopefully saving you a bit of time and frustration.

Firstly, I also have my stick center-mounted and it's been OK so far in that position. As far as your RoF experience, try starting off at the lowest sensitivity settings for both pitch (4 lbs) and roll (2.50 lbs) and incrementally increasing forces until you've found a suitable compromise between quick maneuverability and stability. I'm currently doing this for the DCS Sabre and it's starting to bear fruit. Also, remember that when you're turning/burning that you'll have the tendency to try to deflect the stick more than you need to. Try a consciously softer touch even while dogfighting and you'll find that it really is all in the wrists. :mrgreen:

Please keep me posted here with your progress and anything you yourself discover going forward.

Good luck and have fun.

Bull
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: FSSB in Rise of Flight (RoF) and other WW1 sims

Post by Dragon »

Uhmm dear R3 owners. please, let tell you something. When you have the stick in the right side of the table, like the F16 "desktop" the stick must be rotated to the left a few degrees, lke in the F16, to help you arm and hand to be in the most natural position, is really near to forward postion, but not full forward.

But when you put the stick in the center (like the F18/F15 configuration) you must turn left the stick a lot, in fact as much as necesary to feel your arm/hand natural. and second, you must fix the R3 to the table, in the best possible angular position. In fact if to much of you will use the FSSB in the center instead of in the right, I will need work in depth to help you ;).

Anycase the idea is: fix the R3+Stick to the center table rotated as much as necesary to have you hand/arm in a natural position, now, in the HID DEV TOOL, move you wrist to increase decrease the Pich with no Roll, and later increase decrease Rool with no pich, if you can easily in this angle control pich and roll in the correct way, you can fix permanet the R3 to the center table, if not, you need rotate the system to compensate it.

About sensibilities. Few years a go, I used the R2 (not R3, so R3 must be much better for) for WW2 sims, and my feeling was really great, I set the R2 in the minimum sensibility to fly this planes, so my recomendation is that you use a harder configuration to fly a ww2 plane that a newadays plane, Or even better change the FSC (full scale control) to less than 4/4, to dont over-control the plane, you have with the R3 the advantage of configure it as slow or nervous as you need, and modify it in real time for diferent war situations.

If with your experience in WW1 planes, you feel that something can be included/ modified in the firmware to help you to have the control of the plane, let me know.

Cheers
Dragon