Target Software no longer seeing my R3

Gunnergolly
Product: R3
S/N: 7

Target Software no longer seeing my R3

Post by Gunnergolly »

Hello

I've been using my R3 for about three years now and have not had any issues with it, i use it purely for BMS and need to use the Target software.

My setup consists of a Warthog throttle quadrant, a normal Warthog joystick base, a R3 joystick base with the thrust master HOTAS electronic board installed..... and one joystick handle.

I swap between using the R3 base for BMS and the original "moving base" for DCS.

Depending on which Joystick base i wanted to use i would unplug the USB leads of the base that i was not using and only have the USB leads of the base that i'm using plugged in and obviously swap over the joystick handle onto the relevant base.

Swapping the USB cables over was a bit of a bind and so i installed a USB switch and this has been working perfectly for over a year.

About three weeks ago i think i might have accidentally installed the Thrustmaster V11 Firmware into my R3 when it was plugged in, but never thought anything of it.

I tried to use my R3 joystick today and it is no longer recognized by the Target software and it comes up with the following error when i try and run my Falcon BMS Target profile :-

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0402" cannot be found.

The Throttle quadrant is recognized and the above "0402 cannot be found" error is referring to the original Thrustmaster base which is not plugged in.

If i unplug my R3 and then plug in the original TH joystick base the Target script runs through ok with no errors.

I have never updated the firmware on my R3 since i originally installed it (about 3 years ago) so i think i had MJF.FW.1.01.0.cyacd firmware installed. I have tried to reinstall that firmware into my R3 using the latest firmware installer (DCC_1.04) but will not recognize the MJF.FW.1.01.0.cyacd file when i point the firmware installer to it's location.

So i installed the latest MJF_FW_1_05_0.FSSB_R3 firmware and my R3 is recognized and works in control panel, but is still not recognized by Target. I tried the BMS Firmware and exactly the same problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Target and TM driver software but no change.

Any help or advice is much appreciated as i'm struggling now after three hours of uninstalling drivers, changing USB connectors around, uninstalling HID drivers in the "Device manager" and trying other stuff.

Sorry about the long story but i'm trying to explain as best i can the problem, hopefully i'm missing something obvious here :D.

Thanks.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Target Software no longer seeing my R3

Post by Shark »

Hi Gunnergolly,

If I have understood well your detailed explanation, the problem is that TARGET don't find the Warthog joystick when the Warthog pcb is connected to the FSSB-R3 in the R3 base, but if you connect the warthog pcb in the warthog base it works. If it is true, the problem can be in the two small connectors or in the wires to connect the FSSB-R3 to the Warthog board.

I hope I have been helpful and you locate the problem.

Regards,

Shark
Gunnergolly
Product: R3
S/N: 7

Re: Target Software no longer seeing my R3

Post by Gunnergolly »

Hello Shark

Thankyou for your reply.

My setup consists of :-

Original TM Warthog base with it's own PCB fitted.
R3 FSSB base with it's own PCB fitted.

To swap between the two it's just a case of fitting the joystick handle on to the required base and flicking the relevant switches on my USB hub.

Thankfully i've managed to get my R3 up and running again, in case it might help someone in the future i'll just write what i did.

After thinking about it the reason why my R3 was not being recognize by "Target" meant something was wrong with the PCB that i have fitted in my R3. The R3 was being recognized as a standalone Joystick in windows control panel so everything must have been working ok with the R3 firmware that i had installed.

1) Uninstalled both the TM software and the Target software.
2) Used a program called CCleaner and cleaned out me registry.
3) Went into my registry using "regedit" and manually deleted anything to do with Thrustmaster in the software tab's in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folders.
4) Restarted the computer.
5) Downloaded the latest Thrustmaster joystick drivers from here:- http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.ph ... =311&cid=1
6) Installed the above drivers into my computer and then did a firmware update on both the joystick (firmware 11) and the throttle (firmware 23).
7) Reinstalled the Target software:- http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.ph ... =311&cid=5

Tested the R3 in the Target and finally it was recognized..... then played BMS 4.33 for a couple of hours :D.

Managed to get there in the end after about five hours of messing around !!.

Regards.