Suddenly "calibrated" itself off centre Y and X axis.

Fixxxer46
Product: R3
S/N: 105

Suddenly "calibrated" itself off centre Y and X axis.

Post by Fixxxer46 »

I was happily trying to get into Elite Dangerous again, when suddenly the Joystick "recalibrated" itself.

After abit of investigation it looks to have halved the input of Y and X axis. (picture added at bottom).

I've tried recalibrating, installing new firmware (have always used BMS.) But when succesfull calibration is done, there is something wierd(have to use more force down and right than up and left).
So i'm thinking something have gone wrong inside? I heard no wierd noises or anything. Unmounted the warthog board, but it's still there.

Always used the standard 8 lbs force.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Suddenly "calibrated" itself off centre Y and X axis.

Post by Dragon »

Sorry for the delay, and Merry XMas

Please, can you update me? can I help you?

Thanks and wait your news.
Manuel
Fixxxer46

Post by Fixxxer46 »

Merry XMas :D

My luck for this to happen at this time.

Same issue still.

How do you go about completely uninstalling the drivers for the R3? Would a reinstall of the software/drivers do the same thing? 'cause that's what i have been trying.

Edit:

Extra information; As i'm using both the R3 and the Warthog board, i run both the joysticks (Mainly in DCS, for a-10 compability).

This happened while ingame to both controllers. Could it be that it sensed double axis and cut them in half?

The warthog was able to be calibrated again using the Thrustmaster calibration tool. Do you have such tool to make it center again?
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi ;-)

The R3, as all the new hardwae from RealSimulator, dont have propietary drivers, to be sure we will not have problems in the future with upcomming MS operating system, only use the standard Microsoft HID driver. so you do not need install any special driver.

The R3 have a calibration feature, and you can use it, as many times you need, to adjust the cero position or center position, you need enter in SMM (special modes menu) and press first trigger. and the force applyed to the stick become to be the cero position.

How enter in SMM is more or less equal for all the firmwares, nromally is pressing the CMDS center, and you will hear a sound (if you have SOUND ON) then press the trigger to the first position and release the stick, when the sound will turn off, your actual force applyed will be the cero position. so if you release the stick while the calibration is doing, you will get this as cero.

This calibration values, will be saved inside the R3, and you normally dont need recalibrate the R3 frecuently, so if after calibrate it, you found that the R3 loose the calibration, is because can have some problem, and need that we revise it.

Please, lauch the SMM, do the calibration, test it few times, and let me know.

BTW, you can found the SMM menus in the firmware page.

BEST WISHES FOR THE INCOMING 2016
Manuel
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

In the firmware area you can find some drawings about how use the Spacial Modes Menu

here I atach you a link viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29

Best Regards
Fixxxer46

Post by Fixxxer46 »

The SMM menu and trigger press seems to have done the trick! I had hoped it was as easy as that.

It's now at perfect zero calibration again.

In the time the R3 was "down" i mounted the board back into the warthog.
After flying with the R3 again, i really appreciate the accuracy/smoothness that is built into it. Did'nt take that long to get used to it again.

Happy new year and thanks for the help! :D