Welcome and congratulations.

Viggen
Product: R3
S/N: 75

Re: Welcome and congratulations.

Post by Viggen »

Hi Manuel, and thank you for the fast response!

First of all, I did like you said and tightened the screws on the stick itself and the problem is gone (why didn't I think of that myself!), thanks!

I have watched your videos and they are very good and easy to follow! But I think the product would benefit from a light "Start here" manual. It could be a basic PDF that gives the new user a quick overlook of what to do, like:

Welcome to the family!

1. Install, decide between easy install [insert clickable link to video] or advanced install with migration of the WH pcb to enable use of TARGET software [insert link to video]
2. Download the HID DEV TOOL [insert link]
3. Download firmware updater DCC [insert link]
4. Download latest firmware [insert link to forum/website]
5. Download Windows Metadata tool [insert link]

In the document should be a note of the physical limitations of the module, like the maximum allowed force. And maybe also a very brief FAQ:
My FSSB output seems to move around a little, is this normal? - This is perfectly normal due to the very sensetive sensor not being filtered.
My FSSB makes a clonking sound? - Try tightening the screws on the stick itself.
My FSSB shows up as 3 joysticks in windows. [still trying to figure this one out :)]
etc...

I guess what I am suggesting is basically a pdf (or webpage?) with everything you need in one place without the need to search several forum threads to get started.

Again Manuel, many thanks for a fantastic product, it's so much more fun to fly now!

/Alex
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Alex.

This is a great suggestion also. ;)

All of you, can see things that are absolutelly out of my field of view. I am as involved in the complete develop. and the soul of the product, that some times I am purblind. Sorry :roll:

At this moment I have in the list:

FSSB R3
Sounds linked to full and near to full deflexion.
Start here Document for rockies.
Special firmware version

TUSBA R2
Add a new feature asked by Scott, include "band" in all extended DX buttons.

Alex I preciate a lot your kind words, I already know that the SAAB fighters are well done, so the level from where you come is really high.
Only tell you, that we are here to do the R3 as better as possible, and this include add as much features as you need.

Thanks and best wishes from Madrid.
Manuel
igot2b
S/N: 77

Post by igot2b »

hey @ll, ser 0077 reporting in :)

I really want to thank realsimulator/emycsa at this point: Fast delivery, great communication and purely awesome product!

I've been playing with joysticks since I can remember playing pong on a old tv for the first time. Two years ago I decided to upgrade my equipment to the TM Hotas Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and a TrackIR and the feeling the equipment gave me was absolutly amazing. Recently I discovered the FSSB R3, read everything about it I could find and realized that the force sensing base is a must have for precision and fast maneuvers. I received the package 2 days after ordering and after another day I finally found the time to upgrade my Warthog stick. It was a breeze to follow the video instruction and the installation went without any problems. I've read that some folks needed to get used to the difference but I started up some flightsims and I have to say: The FSSB R3 is far more intuitive than the default base and the precision is amazing. Changing the required force during flight is also really great for precision maneuvers. This is really a sweet and nice piece of engineering. Congratulations to you (realsimulator/emycsa) and thank you very much for taking my flight sim experience to the max!

Cheers from Austria :)
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Igot2B,

Welcome to the family, and thanks for your warm words.

You know we have design all our products from 1988 with only one thing in our focus "Do the best we can" R2 was the best, now after a few years testing, modifing, testing again, back to the start point, one and other time, finally, one day we found the solution, and the R3 sensor born, we give to the sensor the best electronic available in the market, the same electronic is lauched few times per year to the space, in our case, the R3 "normally" will be in the earth, but you have the same power in your hands, and this let us, dream with more features, and introduce in your hardware with only a file, and we will can add news and news features for a long time, so your R3 will be every day better and better.

Next release will be the MJF-Gripen- in honour to Viggen, with warning sound advice. Viggen, if you have some other suggestion for this especial version, let me know, I will start to work in the new release soon.

Igot2B you are at home. flight with your R3 and dream about what you would like have inside next releases. let me know, and I will work on it ;)

Thanks and Regards
Manuel

PD. About FQS Viggen you are right, I have had the experience this last week, about how helpful cam be a FAQ 8-)
Viggen
S/N: 75

Post by Viggen »

Hi, I tried to send you a PM yesterday but it seems to be stuck in outbox...

I would like to send you a video and some inputs for the aural warning, can you send me your email?

Regards
Viggen
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Done ;-)
Nemex
S/N: 88

Post by Nemex »

New FSSB R3 owner reporting in :)

First: Big thanks to the Real Simulator team. Shipping was super fast < 24h from Spain to Germany. For the device itself: I REALLY LOVE it! Precision is outstanding and no more center bump which I always hated. Installation was easy, the Youtube videos helped a lot^^ Software is easy to use and on the fly sensitivity/profile switching is really handy. I'm using the FSSB R3 mainly for Star Citizen and DCS, no complains so far. Perfect product.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Nemex

Welcome to the family. Thanks for your kind words. And enjoy it.

Uhmmmmm, you say Star Citizen? what is it? is not a space sim? Uhmmmm when I was young, long time a go, I remember something like Privateer (Electronics Atrs), nothing like nowadays games, but....

The question is:

I would love in this game, some times, the posibility to change my Roll axis for a Yaw axis, and later when I would like, change again to Roll. With the R3 we can do this. think about and maybe you find this interesting, we can do a Star Citizen firmware for your test ,and if you find some other interesting necesities, you know, only ask.

Cheers
Manuel
Nemex
S/N: 88

Post by Nemex »

Hi Manuel,

thanks for the offer, I will definitely let you know if I stumble across something I think would be good.

Yes, StarCitizen is a space sim. For Yaw/Roll switching: I personally use rudder pedals for yaw, and roll is on stick x-axis. At least for me switching will most likely just confuse me ;)

Only thing I could think about is a special button for enhanced precision: Holding button (pinky one?) = higher sensitivity, releasing = normal sensitivity. It's like switching profiles but quicker (could be between active profile and profile 4 for example). This would allow for even better fine targeting corrections.

All the best
Nemex
igot2b
S/N: 77

Post by igot2b »

Since I use the stick mainly for space sims and since I'm a huge fan of StarCitizen aswell I'd like to give you my 2 cents about the features mentioned by you:

- roll/yaw switching would be really appreciated as a feature. I'm currently also using pedals for yaw and the stick's x-axis for roll (as I'm used to that from thousands of hours playing aircraft simulations) but I'd really like to try switching. In most cases I feel more comfortable flying as I'm used to it (roll on stick). However during targeting it would be interesting to try switching as yaw on stick is considered best practice from what I've read.

- pinky (or whatever button) hold for precision mode would also be highly appreciated. switching profiles takes too much time during a dogfight (in starcitizen at least).

- another thing I'd like to ask: With the FSSB R3 is it possible to add virtual buttons? Sending a different Input when holding a button (let's call it modifier) and pressing the button would be nice. Or is this something I should do with the TARGET software and the original Thrustmaster electronics board?

When you need someone to test features for starcitizen please let me know, I'm spending quite some time perfecting my configuration and I'm always looking for something new to try/learn!

Cheers,
igot2b

PS: If you haven't heard of StarCitizen until now but played Wing Commander, Privateer, Starlancer, Freelancer (or whatever spacesim) a lot and enjoyed it you should definitly take a look at StarCitizen.