SSF and MJF beta file with breakforce adjust

Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

SSF and MJF beta file with breakforce adjust

Post by Dragon »

Dear R3 owners.

In the suggestion subforum, you can find the a beta file for the SSF and MJF with breakforce adjust and warning sound level.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=52&start=20

I hope do you enjoy it, I will wait your feedback, before add this features to MJF and add also the NASA adjust

Updated 23/8/2016
MJF has been included also in the rar, next update will include NASA asimetrical settings for MJF
END Update 23/8/2016

All the best
Dragon
Romulus Stahl
Product: R3
S/N: 144

Re: SSF and MJF beta file with breakforce adjust

Post by Romulus Stahl »

Do you have a description of what the new driver does (or point me to a link).
I'm not sure what breakforce is/does.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Good night.

in the new beta file, do you have a breakforce adjust, this is something that we develop for the Aerobatic firmware, and some of the owners, thougt, that can be usefull also for the SSF and MJF.

In the Aerobatic discussion firmware, we talk about the breakforce, in a few words, this is near to the deadzone, but different, Breakforce, try to simulate, the forces you find in the mechanical system, before to apply the force to the control surface, this will close you to the real experience, just as only in the F16 the force is directly applied to the sensors, just as in the F35/ Eurofighter/ russian fighters etc the force is not directly aplied to the sensor, and you need "break" the frictional force of the link mechanism, this force in the actual fighters is really slow, so with the actual values in the beta firmware you can adjust something really near to the reallity, but for the final version, this value must be adjustable by the owner.

What will be your advantage with the Breakforce adjust, a better control with any fighter non F16.

Additionally we have included the warning sound of the grypen for testing.

Please, take a look to the firmware with the new hid dev tool included in the rar, to adjust and undertand how it works.

Best Regards
Dragon
philux
Product: R3
S/N: 40

Post by philux »

The BFA is a godsend, makes the stick input much cleaner for quick changes of deflection typical for MJF and SSF.
Also the sound feedback helps to learn understand and fine-tune force configurations.

Overall, excellent changes! Thanks and keep them coming!
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Thanks Philux

We really apreciate your feedback.

Dragon